Awesome Pits! - Page 3 - Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Nuts4Mutts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: USA, 7m from the coast.
Posts: 70
Yeah, I totally agree that not always is a pit bull the right dog for you. There's very few people that have virtually every dog as the 'right dog', but there's also virtually no people that have NO dog as the 'right dog'

Pit bulls stubborn? Well I've found mine is, but at least he wants to please. Shasta's the other way, he is the most docile dog you'll ever meet, he learned "circle" in less than 10min, and he can do pretty much any trick you want him to... but he doesn't want to please all the time, if there's a big open field or another animal, he would MUCH rather chase them than try to please me... =\ That's just how he is though.

Every dog, even within it's own breed-standards, is going to be different. I'm sure there are TONS of pit bulls who are total opposite of stubborn, and I'm also sure there are probably tons of Border Collies out there who ARE stubborn, lol! [haven't met a stubborn one yet, I did meet a really really dumb one though (yeah, world's smartest breed - and nobody told him, lol!)]

For God so loves the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him, should not perish, but have everlasting life!

John 3:16

My Pets!
Shasta: mixed breed dog.
Otto: APBT mix.
Cassy: Labrador/GSD

Panda, Maddy, Rosco, Millie-Cats

Tintin the HM betta & Gary the snail!
Nuts4Mutts is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012, 02:32 PM
Member
 
teeneythebetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,297
Aww shes so cute :3

“Some people talk to animals. Not many listen though. That's the problem.”
― A.A. Milne
__________________________________
Espeon female halfmoon / 10G

Jolteon male dumbo plakat / 10G
teeneythebetta is offline  
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012, 02:39 PM
Member
 
teeneythebetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuts4Mutts View Post
Yeah, I totally agree that not always is a pit bull the right dog for you. There's very few people that have virtually every dog as the 'right dog', but there's also virtually no people that have NO dog as the 'right dog'

Pit bulls stubborn? Well I've found mine is, but at least he wants to please. Shasta's the other way, he is the most docile dog you'll ever meet, he learned "circle" in less than 10min, and he can do pretty much any trick you want him to... but he doesn't want to please all the time, if there's a big open field or another animal, he would MUCH rather chase them than try to please me... =\ That's just how he is though.

Every dog, even within it's own breed-standards, is going to be different. I'm sure there are TONS of pit bulls who are total opposite of stubborn, and I'm also sure there are probably tons of Border Collies out there who ARE stubborn, lol! [haven't met a stubborn one yet, I did meet a really really dumb one though (yeah, world's smartest breed - and nobody told him, lol!)]
I agree. Mine do know quite a few tricks but it was difficult to train them. Plus they are 7 & 14 yrs old so they've had lots of time haha

I taught my Cat's sit an high five.. Too cute 
<3

“Some people talk to animals. Not many listen though. That's the problem.”
― A.A. Milne
__________________________________
Espeon female halfmoon / 10G

Jolteon male dumbo plakat / 10G
teeneythebetta is offline  
post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012, 10:59 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Nuts4Mutts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: USA, 7m from the coast.
Posts: 70
Woah, kitty knows a trick? 0.o hahahaha... I've had at least 2 cats at a time my entire life, (max I've had at a time was 7 [which is pretty big since all cats get spayed/neutered & so none have had kittens]) not a single one will do anything. Oh wait.... Millie will sit up for peanut butter... if that counts O.O lol!

For God so loves the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him, should not perish, but have everlasting life!

John 3:16

My Pets!
Shasta: mixed breed dog.
Otto: APBT mix.
Cassy: Labrador/GSD

Panda, Maddy, Rosco, Millie-Cats

Tintin the HM betta & Gary the snail!
Nuts4Mutts is offline  
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012, 11:14 PM
Member
 
teeneythebetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,297
Yeah! The only thing that sucks is they get rly unfocused, especially when I'm trying to show someone them doing the trick. For example..

Me: Patrick, come here boo!
Patrick: :3
Me: sit, patty boo.
Patrick: *thinking bubble* ooh there's a fly sitting on that table
Me: Patrick, sit boy, sit!
Patrick: *thinking bubble* ooh zeh fly es crawling!
Me: -_-

They perform better in a quiet setting where I can get their darn attention xD

“Some people talk to animals. Not many listen though. That's the problem.”
― A.A. Milne
__________________________________
Espeon female halfmoon / 10G

Jolteon male dumbo plakat / 10G
teeneythebetta is offline  
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-26-2012, 06:52 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: clovis ca
Posts: 1,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by starrlamia View Post
pit bulls arent stubborn, you should try training my BT/frenchie cross :P
Frechie n English are for look
Never found a bulldog with a high drive
Very lay back n lazy
Will with the expection of the odly n American

I'm nice...
I don't bite...
Unless u ask me to.....
Curlyfatbottom is offline  
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-26-2012, 06:57 PM
Member
 
lorax84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 28
Here's my pit Coco. She'll be 5 this year. She is always very eager to please and actually sits well for photos.


lorax84 is offline  
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-26-2012, 11:20 PM
Member
 
starrlamia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curlyfatbottom View Post
Frechie n English are for look
Never found a bulldog with a high drive
Very lay back n lazy
Will with the expection of the odly n American
you dont know the history of bulldogs do you? They were the original pit dogs as well as farm dogs etc, in fact pit bulls and american bullies are descendants of bulldogs. My BT/Frenchie cross is the epitomy of a terrior, she is extremely high drive and high energy. English bulldogs have been ruined by people and they cant do much without overheating or getting tired but frenchies are actually fairly active dogs.
starrlamia is offline  
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 12:01 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Nuts4Mutts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: USA, 7m from the coast.
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by teeneythebetta View Post
Yeah! The only thing that sucks is they get rly unfocused, especially when I'm trying to show someone them doing the trick. For example..

Me: Patrick, come here boo!
Patrick: :3
Me: sit, patty boo.
Patrick: *thinking bubble* ooh there's a fly sitting on that table
Me: Patrick, sit boy, sit!
Patrick: *thinking bubble* ooh zeh fly es crawling!
Me: -_-

They perform better in a quiet setting where I can get their darn attention xD

yesss definitely! I was trying to get Otto to "Sit Pretty" for his PB [he can do it... he just hasn't learned the signal/command for it yet... well... hasn't learned to OBEY the command I should say... (No lie, took 3 months just for him to 'lay down' without me guiding him with hands/treats)] to show it to a friend... he decided just to do the stand-on-his-hind-legs-with-front-paws-on-my-belly trick instead... UGH!

For God so loves the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him, should not perish, but have everlasting life!

John 3:16

My Pets!
Shasta: mixed breed dog.
Otto: APBT mix.
Cassy: Labrador/GSD

Panda, Maddy, Rosco, Millie-Cats

Tintin the HM betta & Gary the snail!
Nuts4Mutts is offline  
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 12:14 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Nuts4Mutts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: USA, 7m from the coast.
Posts: 70
Oh my goodness, lorax84! Coco's sooooooo adorable! She looks just like Otto's Mom... only Lady was black & white.

For God so loves the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him, should not perish, but have everlasting life!

John 3:16

My Pets!
Shasta: mixed breed dog.
Otto: APBT mix.
Cassy: Labrador/GSD

Panda, Maddy, Rosco, Millie-Cats

Tintin the HM betta & Gary the snail!
Nuts4Mutts is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
my LPS is awesome Alcemistnv Betta Chat 2 06-07-2012 05:18 PM
Awesome. duluoz Betta Chat 2 04-13-2012 06:02 AM
Awesome Mom! PitGurl Betta Chat 8 03-31-2011 12:39 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome