someone's annoying me... with their improper petcare! - Page 4 - Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care
Like Tree1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 66 (permalink) Old 02-13-2013, 09:37 PM
Member
 
Saphira101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Washington, United States
Posts: 1,148
1 yr. cat years is like, small kitten.

3 yrs. in human is like 30 in cat.

Hello! I'm a former fishkeeper and bettafish.com-er with a rekindled interest in the betta hobby. I don't have any bettas currently, but I'm brushing up on my fishkeeping knowledge with the intention of eventually bringing home another finned friend. ^_^
Saphira101 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 66 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Little Leaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
Posts: 964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphira101 View Post
1 yr. cat years is like, small kitten.

3 yrs. in human is like 30 in cat.

That photo is resized. It says: "My past does not define me. My strength is an illusion. My calm hides a storm. My innocence is not ignorance.
Little Leaf is offline  
post #33 of 66 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 04:52 PM
Member
 
funkman262's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 45
I beat the crap out of one of my cats and toss her up in the air all the time, but only because she's weird and loves it. I'll do that and walk away, then she'll come running to me crying for more. My other cat on the other hand does not enjoy being roughhoused so he just gets gentle petting.

Honestly, your "friend" doesn't sound like a really good friend, especially since you claim that she lies to you all the time. I would keep better company if I were you. If you tried talking to her and she wasn't interested, there's not much else you can do. Unfortunately, many people own pets that they're not (mentally) equipped to care for, and there's not much you can do unless you can prove that they're being extremely negligent and harmful to the animals.
funkman262 is offline  
post #34 of 66 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 05:11 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 27,605
I do not believe any animal enjoys being beat up. That's like someone saying they beat up their wife because she enjoys it.
registereduser likes this.
dramaqueen is offline  
post #35 of 66 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 05:47 PM
New Member
 
kandaila's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 45
I work as a technician at a cat only veterinary practice and its really hard to lump cats into any one category. I've seen some who love being man handled and "beat up" we have one that you can roll on her back, shake her, spin her around, and when you walk away she comes back and rubs your legs. Most cats are weird. I've seen a handful that make angry noises, hisses, growls, and grumbles the whole time you pet them and they're rubbing and being super sweet. I've also seen a cat be really nice then turn and attack her owner with claws and teeth hard enough to send the owner to urgent care.
Deliberately provoking a cat is abuse, rough housing and occasional teasing is not. Try talking to Danielle again Little Leaf. Don't necessarily say she's abusing her cat because she'll get defensive. She just may not understand she's being too rough. Ask her about what her cat likes to do for fun and suggest games that are less likely to be rough. Like laser pointers or pulling a string for kitty to chase.
Roughing up young cats often makes them calmer adults (a lot of times the easiest cats to handle for us are the ones raised with little kids) but deliberately provoking the cat will lead to someone being bit, and trust me cat bites can get nasty fast.
kandaila is offline  
post #36 of 66 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 07:52 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Little Leaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
Posts: 964
Quote:
Originally Posted by kandaila View Post
I work as a technician at a cat only veterinary practice and its really hard to lump cats into any one category. I've seen some who love being man handled and "beat up" we have one that you can roll on her back, shake her, spin her around, and when you walk away she comes back and rubs your legs. Most cats are weird. I've seen a handful that make angry noises, hisses, growls, and grumbles the whole time you pet them and they're rubbing and being super sweet. I've also seen a cat be really nice then turn and attack her owner with claws and teeth hard enough to send the owner to urgent care.
Deliberately provoking a cat is abuse, rough housing and occasional teasing is not. Try talking to Danielle again Little Leaf. Don't necessarily say she's abusing her cat because she'll get defensive. She just may not understand she's being too rough. Ask her about what her cat likes to do for fun and suggest games that are less likely to be rough. Like laser pointers or pulling a string for kitty to chase.
Roughing up young cats often makes them calmer adults (a lot of times the easiest cats to handle for us are the ones raised with little kids) but deliberately provoking the cat will lead to someone being bit, and trust me cat bites can get nasty fast.
you didn't see my other post. I said the cat already BIT ME!

That photo is resized. It says: "My past does not define me. My strength is an illusion. My calm hides a storm. My innocence is not ignorance.
Little Leaf is offline  
post #37 of 66 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 07:53 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Little Leaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
Posts: 964
Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I do not believe any animal enjoys being beat up. That's like someone saying they beat up their wife because she enjoys it.
I agree! +9999999999999

That photo is resized. It says: "My past does not define me. My strength is an illusion. My calm hides a storm. My innocence is not ignorance.
Little Leaf is offline  
post #38 of 66 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 08:01 PM
Reference Team
 
LittleBettaFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Victoria, Australia
Posts: 8,164
Well I don't think the poster that said they beat their cat up meant they hold it down and kick it/hit it until the cat is a quivering mess.

I play very roughly with one of my cats and he does enjoy it. He plays equally as rough with the dogs as well so that's just how he is. He also bites me really hard during play and scratches you if you over excite him.

Also, cats aren't always very tolerant of strangers. Just because it bit you doesn't mean it is abused or afraid of people. Our cats all run and hide when guests arrive. They're not really like dogs that will go over to people for a pat. Usually the person cats seek out is the one who either doesn't like them or isn't paying an attention to them.


LittleBettaFish is offline  
post #39 of 66 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Little Leaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
Posts: 964
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
Well I don't think the poster that said they beat their cat up meant they hold it down and kick it/hit it until the cat is a quivering mess.

I play very roughly with one of my cats and he does enjoy it. He plays equally as rough with the dogs as well so that's just how he is. He also bites me really hard during play and scratches you if you over excite him.

Also, cats aren't always very tolerant of strangers. Just because it bit you doesn't mean it is abused or afraid of people. Our cats all run and hide when guests arrive. They're not really like dogs that will go over to people for a pat. Usually the person cats seek out is the one who either doesn't like them or isn't paying an attention to them.
I'm only saying it bit me.

That photo is resized. It says: "My past does not define me. My strength is an illusion. My calm hides a storm. My innocence is not ignorance.
Little Leaf is offline  
post #40 of 66 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 09:22 PM
Member
 
ILLBETHEJUDGE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: MIAMI, FL
Posts: 441
If feel like a lot of people is picking on the poor girl and only try to find a way to make things worse. This girl is more mature at her age than the people that criticize her.
Littleleaf would it help if i buy you a tank online and send it to your address, so you can properly take care of your fish?

I don't know what are you talking about! Me and the voices inside my head will prove you
wrong!
ILLBETHEJUDGE is offline  
Reply

Tags
awesomeness , kitty , no ;-; , sorry 4 random tag , yay

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Annoying pig... baylee767 Betta Chat 8 04-29-2011 12:46 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome