I Don't Know What To do (Story and Pic Heavy) - Page 2 - Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care
Like Tree3Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-23-2013, 07:10 AM
Member
 
Laki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Dartmouth, NS
Posts: 4,976
How heartbreaking. I doubt she moved them if she hung around the shed "waiting" for them. Even a mama cat trying to fool predators and misguide them from the nest wouldn't wait that long.

I'm so sorry :( I hope you find them though.

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." -N. Mandela
To my journal! http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/j...ourami-592858/
Laki is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-23-2013, 08:38 AM Thread Starter
TFK Moderator
 
lilnaugrim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 21,568
Thanks everyone, and I was pretty sure that I said nothing about her not being spayed in my post. She is spayed now and still no signs of the kittens, we took her yesterday and the darn people still charged us for a regular cat. She was too friendly once they took her out of the trap, just like I had feared. But whatever, it's over and done with now. I'm not currently at my other house so I'm not able to watch her unfortunately but I know my mom will keep an eye out.

Thank you all very much, it really does mean a lot to me. :)
jentralala likes this.

RJ (H. Lifalili), Acara (EB)
Ghost, Tuxedo, Trip (Angels)
Leopards: 1:3 Hawkeye, Luna, Astrael, Dorian
lilnaugrim is online now  
post #13 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-23-2013, 08:49 AM
Member
 
Laki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Dartmouth, NS
Posts: 4,976
They might have charged you regular because she is so friendly lol I think RU was referring to the last time you posted about this cat. Either way. Not the issue at hand.

Can you hear mewing when you walk around the field?

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." -N. Mandela
To my journal! http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/j...ourami-592858/
Laki is offline  
post #14 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-23-2013, 08:54 AM Thread Starter
TFK Moderator
 
lilnaugrim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 21,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
They might have charged you regular because she is so friendly lol I think RU was referring to the last time you posted about this cat. Either way. Not the issue at hand.

Can you hear mewing when you walk around the field?
Of course, I know that's the reason and of course even if we told them that she just walked into our yard and isn't our cat, which we did, they didn't care.

And no, I've heard no mewing so far and ufortunately we don't have "fields" it's all woods so some parts are difficult to search just because it can get so dense. But we had gone down to the pond on Tuesday while Misha followed us and I could have sworn I heard a kitten mew, found out that it was the stupid Mockingbird that follows us around, the darn thing mocks us and the cat all day long! And it's not afraid of us either, I mean, beautiful bird but very inconvenient at a time like this lol

RJ (H. Lifalili), Acara (EB)
Ghost, Tuxedo, Trip (Angels)
Leopards: 1:3 Hawkeye, Luna, Astrael, Dorian
lilnaugrim is online now  
post #15 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-23-2013, 09:17 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,026
She is spayed? EXCELLENT!
jentralala likes this.
registereduser is offline  
post #16 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-23-2013, 09:29 AM
Member
 
NeptunesMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,899
That's so odd. I am sorry for your loss. We have a feral cat out at our pastures and machine barn. For almost 10 years she had litter after litter. We couldn't catch her, but we fed her and cared for her. We actually experienced the same thing as you are talking about multiple times. But, it was because she would move them and forget where she moved them to. My poor cousin (who lives out at our pastures) would spend days ripping apart her garages (she had two), the barns (there are three of them, two smaller ones and one huge one), and walking through the probably 10 acres of woods looking for them. Sometimes she would find them, and sometimes she wouldn't. But, there were times she wouldn't find them and months later another cat would turn up about the right age. We finally were able to spay the mama cat, and the other cats that were around were all male. But, they have vanished so I'm guessing they either died or left for new territory.

The mom of: Too many to list now.
NeptunesMom is offline  
post #17 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-23-2013, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
TFK Moderator
 
lilnaugrim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 21,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeptunesMom View Post
That's so odd. I am sorry for your loss. We have a feral cat out at our pastures and machine barn. For almost 10 years she had litter after litter. We couldn't catch her, but we fed her and cared for her. We actually experienced the same thing as you are talking about multiple times. But, it was because she would move them and forget where she moved them to. My poor cousin (who lives out at our pastures) would spend days ripping apart her garages (she had two), the barns (there are three of them, two smaller ones and one huge one), and walking through the probably 10 acres of woods looking for them. Sometimes she would find them, and sometimes she wouldn't. But, there were times she wouldn't find them and months later another cat would turn up about the right age. We finally were able to spay the mama cat, and the other cats that were around were all male. But, they have vanished so I'm guessing they either died or left for new territory.
I know it is weird! I literally am going to tear apart our land, I mean...I promised people kittens! And I think that's the worst of it, they were all preparing for a little bundle of spazzy kitten fluff and now they've got nothing!

We were thinking maybe she was just trying to throw us off but she's never spent a whole day with us like that and sitting in front of the shed to cry was just weird too.

RJ (H. Lifalili), Acara (EB)
Ghost, Tuxedo, Trip (Angels)
Leopards: 1:3 Hawkeye, Luna, Astrael, Dorian
lilnaugrim is online now  
post #18 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-23-2013, 09:35 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
I know it is weird! I literally am going to tear apart our land, I mean...I promised people kittens! And I think that's the worst of it, they were all preparing for a little bundle of spazzy kitten fluff and now they've got nothing!
They can adopt from a shelter anytime.
registereduser is offline  
post #19 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-23-2013, 10:12 AM
Member
 
Fenghuang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Georgia
Posts: 3,760
RU, sometimes, you fall in love with a specific animal. You've been planning and planning to bring them home and imagining yourself spending many happy years with that one. Then, you find out that you will not be bringing it home. You cannot just get another. It's not the same.

I'm so sorry, lilnaugrim. That's heartbreaking. I hope you find them soon or they turn up.

<a href=http://www.bettafish.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=46230&dateline=1367964262 target=_blank>http://www.bettafish.com/image.php?t...ine=1367964262</a>
Fenghuang is offline  
post #20 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-23-2013, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
TFK Moderator
 
lilnaugrim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 21,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenghuang View Post
RU, sometimes, you fall in love with a specific animal. You've been planning and planning to bring them home and imagining yourself spending many happy years with that one. Then, you find out that you will not be bringing it home. You cannot just get another. It's not the same.

I'm so sorry, lilnaugrim. That's heartbreaking. I hope you find them soon or they turn up.
Yeah, that is why I feel terrible because I know that feeling. And thank you Feng! I also hope we can find them, for my friends but also for Misha, she just seems way too heartbroken herself to have just "misplaced" her kittens, you know?

RJ (H. Lifalili), Acara (EB)
Ghost, Tuxedo, Trip (Angels)
Leopards: 1:3 Hawkeye, Luna, Astrael, Dorian
lilnaugrim is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Don't Stop Flaring. (Story) BeautifulBetta14 Betta Art 10 03-07-2012 02:07 AM
Kitty family story (pic heavy) Kelly0727 Finless Friends 8 02-25-2012 01:30 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome