Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Montreal, Canada
New betta tank - Marina Style 5
I finally decided to give in and buy my self a new Betta. It really helps me relax and eventually I'll give that tank to my son when he's old enough.
Betta is coming in tomorrow around noon (yea yea, I know, not cycled, blah blah blah, I trust my importer/breeder on that one sorry guys) so I kick started it today.
So far I am not disappointed of the tank, especially for the price
It's not the most pretty lid however, and the stock light is really, really cheap (I recommend buying an upgrade bulb in the same shipment! a 25w would be the basic)
The filter is amazingly not noisy, which was a big surprise for me and the low flow it creates is perfect for Bettas, Shrimps or frys (especially with the protective aquarium sponge around the intake)
- Price is super cheap for what you get
- The filter is amazingly silent
- Strainer sponge is perfect for long finned fish or frys
- Low low making it ideal for many aquarium inhabitants
- The hood, even though ugly, is well ventilated so it wont become too hot when upgrading bulb.
- Comes with almost everything, add gravel, decorations/plants (heater if needed)
- Cycle and Aquaplus included, as well as fish food
- Light bulb! Seriously guys!
- Hood could have been more stylish.
- Bulky hood makes it hard to clean gravel and trim plants (if needed)
Unknown - Not too sure yet about the filtration cartridge, they go easy, but I'm curious with time (even following the recommended 2-4 weeks replacement) if the foam wont detach it self and ''pollute'' the water.
As for me, I am going to change the light ASAP (like.. this weekend if I find one in stores, or order LED and a hood)
Pictures WIP to come!
Gunther - red/purple Marble HM
Runt - blue/cellophane Marble dbtaill/spade
+ 4 female betta (Plakats, crowntail)
Mahatma Gandhi — 'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.'
Last edited by LurkerMom; 03-07-2014 at 01:04 PM.