Last night Betta Max moved into his new home. His second new home since he moved in with my wife and I. I think i might be spoiling him, but I get just as much enjoyment out of this as I think he does so it can't be all that bad, right?
So yesterday on my way home from work I stopped at the local pet store and picked up the Bookshelf Freshwater Fish Aquarium
and a few more plants. I guess with the plants i am trying to create an environment that is something kind of like a rice patty. I basically want Betta Max to be able to hide if he chooses to.
When I got home I unpacked everything. This bookshelf Aquarium ended up just being the perfect size for me. I rinsed it out and filled it with washed off plants and rocks. Added the water and the water neutralizer. Then I setup the filter, rinsed off the filter part, and let it run on high for an hour. The tank temperature said it was ok to add Betta Max right from the start, but I felt better letting it run for and hour first.
I turned down the filter speed before I put Betta Max in the tank. You could really tell he was trilled! He swam over to his new plants and bobbed and weaved through them all. Then he swam as fast as he could to the other side of his tank to check out his old castle. He repeated this for maybe an hour just getting a kick out of all his new space.
Then he became obsessed with the filter
. With the filter on low flow it makes a lot of noise. Like an air noise is the only way I know how to describe it.
(If someone has a solution for this I would love to hear it
) Well Betta Max started getting mad at the motor
part of the filter. He was flare up at it and attack it. He eventually stopped. But this morning when I woke up he was being pretty active and I can't help but wonder if the filter kept him up all night
. I honestly think I am going to have to buy a new filter that i hope will be quieter than the current one. Again if anyone has any Ideas or advice I would love to hear it.
• SIDE NOTES
1. [FEEDING] I fed Betta Max in his old tank before I moved him to his new tank. Betta Max ate this morning in his new tank.
2. [FILTER] Betta Max likes to swim up to the filter and swim against the filtered water coming out. I think he has made this a little game for himself.
3. [AQUARIUM ITEMS] I would like to get more but I have no clue what else to pick up.
• BOOKSHELF AQUARIUM PROS & CONS
1. Love The Size
2. The Packaging Was Great
1. Poor Instruction Manual (don't know what kind of filter to buy in the future)
2. Filter is noisy but may be my fault?
3. it's Plastic/Acrylic
4. A few scratches on the back that no one can see unless you where the one setting it up