Betta Fish Forum banner

Fancy Fish Store

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  BettaPirate 
#1 ·
So my friend told me about this fish store in Seattle that not only has quality fish but knowledgeable workers who will help you set up a great tank! Because it is free and the Aquarium is $20 I decided to take my 2 year old son to the fish store instead LOL! I am so excited! And my father-in-law had hinted that he might want to buy us a bigger tank :) I got my eye out for potential future fishies! Just have to remember I can't come home with fish tomorrow because I only have my little 1/2 gallon QT tank lol!

#5 ·
:( I was hoping you weren't going to say that. I hate to ruin your excitement, but that store is NOT what it used to be. It used to be ran by extremely experienced fish keepers (from what I was told), but the times I have been in there recently the fish were in bad conditions, and it was being run by two younger people talking to friends on the phone, texting behind the counter, and paying ZERO attention to the customers. I took a Betta home from there that was completely covered in fungus, who didn't even make it through the night. Things of course could be different now, but I just wanted to warn you of my experience so you know it might not be as great as you hoped. I feel like I total downer though. :/

#7 ·
Maybe things were still good there at that time (or it was on a good day). I went there quite a while ago (less than a year, but more than a few months) and all the fish didn't seem well taken care of at all. All the snails had holes in their shells, we saw quite a few dead/sick fish, and it didn't seem very clean in general. Hopefully it's changed, or maybe that situation was temporary, but like I said I just wanted to inform you in case you run into the same problems as I did.

#9 ·
Haha isn't that the truth with everyone!?! "Oh, I'm just going to look..." which turns into me giving my fiance puppy dog eyes saying "But he's so sick... he NEEDS me!" :)

If you're just going to look (and actually JUST look) I don't think it would be a terrible idea. I can only hope that it will be a better experience for you than it was for me.

#10 ·
I wish I still lived in WA to check it out! You guys are making me jealous! Even if its not that great of a store anymore

I am always seeing someone from the seattle/tacoma area posting about a fish store or having some cool fish for sale. I live in north central ohio now and theres only 1 store within 45 minutes of me. 1 great store is an hour away and the only 2 breeders I know of live 1hr and 4hrs away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.