Betta Fish Forum banner

Japanese-themed goldfish tank!

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  homegrown terror 
#1 ·
i don't really think i can say anything that the photos can't say 100 times better. we are ridiculously proud of our work on this one:

four ryukins, one short-tailed tosakin, one fantail, and one oranda. we themed it as a scene following world war II, a crashed japanese Zero is rusting away in a tranquil bamboo forest that suddenly gets flooded and becomes home to a family of seven goldfish.

See less See more
#3 ·
they are...they're pretty awkward swimmers, but oddly graceful in their own way, kinda like a manatee performing ballet.

#5 ·
Nice tank!!

that tank looks huge! What size is it?

#8 ·
Oh wow, I love it! But when I see the second pic all I can think of is that he's saying "NO! I must dance!" EPIC TANK!

#10 ·
haha he was labelled as a ryukin, and looked like one in the store (albeit with a very shallow hump) but when we got him home, i looked at him and said "...is that a wen on his head?" and sure enough it was! he's our first oranda, and he's absolutely wonderful. i named him Bakunin after Mikhail Bakunin, my favorite philosopher.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.