Betta Fish Forum banner
3K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  RandomCookie 
#1 ·
I don't know if anyone has ever played the game Pocket Frogs but I think that I want to get my friend to help me create a similar game only with betta fish. I think it would be awesome. Basically the game is collecting all the colors of the 30+ patterns/finnage varieties etc. and there are little mini games and you would have like 6-12 habitats with "8 bettas" in each (it's a game so the male bettas won't attack each other they will live in peace and harmony) It's a fantasy game. Anyways, I think you should check out the other game (it's free on the app store and then kind of replace the frogs with bettas and tell me if you think that would be a cool app. I think it would be really fun. Especially since all of us are interested in collecting all the colors and finnage that suit our fancies that it would be a really cool game. Also if you have any suggestions about it tell me, again this is an idea I woke up with and knew you guys would be the best to brainstorm with.

#3 ·
I'm a full time student and I have a job that I work 24 hours a week as a taxi dispatcher but Im going to start drawing up a concept and making lists of what colors and patterns plus the finnage varieties and besides the finnage varieties I need to come up with names for the patterns so I'll come up with that and I need to draw the bettas in a way that would go well in an app. I was thinking there's a bit that you have to "tame" the bettas and that part will either be catching mosquito larvae or it'll be getting pellets I prefer the first one because its more catching the bettas from the wild as opposed to buying them. The rarer the betta pattern and finnage then the more larvae they'll have to catch. Either I doubt it'll be done soon I also need to talk to my friend about how long apps take to make he's the computer mastermind so we'll see I'll keep you updated on my progress.

#6 ·
I was playing it because its addicting, but I thought of the forum and how much people enjoy collecting the newest color or finnage of bettas so why not make that wonderful hobby digital and into a game.

@Laki

Most apps are accessible for both Apple and Android, I want to make it accessible to as many betta lovers as possible

#8 ·
I wish I knew what I was doing I guess that's why I have friends who are computer geeks who can help me but it'll will take time I think. Which is something I don't have enough of, but I hope to make it happen. Our finned-friends the bettas are very inspiring. Btw I adore your avatar, Fluttershy is hands-down my favorite pony, she's adorable and sweet and I love her the most. :-D

#10 ·
I would totes get that app! I had a goldfish app on my phone that worked in real time. It was basically a real fish, you fed it, bought decorations for it, and all the like. I deleted the game however because i couldn't work with the fish as i can in real life... But anyway, I have never played pocket frogs but i think that the game would likely be addicting only because i am obsessed with bettas.

#14 ·
Oops I totally forgot I replied to your message again, but I definitely will post a thread about it being finished and maybe you guys can look over the sketches for the fish and give your expert opinions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.