Marimo Moss Balls - Page 6 - Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-30-2012, 08:25 PM
New Member
 
hotrodprincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Missouri
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacebug75 View Post
That's a good idea.
Ok so if you put it in club soda would you ever be able to put it in a tank with fish?
hotrodprincess is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #52 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-30-2012, 08:54 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
babystarz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 1,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodprincess View Post
Ok so if you put it in club soda would you ever be able to put it in a tank with fish?
Yes, club soda is just water with CO2 added so it will not harm a tank.
babystarz is offline  
post #53 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-30-2012, 09:42 PM
New Member
 
hotrodprincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Missouri
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by babystarz View Post
Yes, club soda is just water with CO2 added so it will not harm a tank.

Thats good to know. We have a soda stream I could make some for my marimo this week.
hotrodprincess is offline  
post #54 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-01-2012, 07:42 PM
New Member
 
hotrodprincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Missouri
Posts: 41
would shrimp eat a marimo Ball. I thought of getting a couple small shrimp for our tank would they eat it.
hotrodprincess is offline  
post #55 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-02-2012, 02:33 AM
ao
Member
 
ao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,440
didnt read the entire 6 pages so dont know if anyone clarified...
when the light is on, the moss ball photosynthesizes... and creates oxygen. this makes it lighter than water... and float.

naturally when the lights are off... they sink back down
ao is offline  
post #56 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-02-2012, 01:11 PM
Member
 
NorthernLights's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 737
dumb question

Okay, so pardon my lack of understanding here...

Is there any downside to keeping a marimo ball in a tank?
NorthernLights is offline  
post #57 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-02-2012, 02:48 PM
Member
 
laynisample's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLights View Post
Okay, so pardon my lack of understanding here...

Is there any downside to keeping a marimo ball in a tank?
The only downside I've seen is that I have a super aggressive fish. He attacks anything that moves. As aokashi said marimo moss balls float when the light is turned on and sink when it's off. Well... my fish decided that he wasn't going to tolerate the floating thing in his tank and completely destroyed it. (I was picking out marimo bits for weeks from his tank.)

Other than that I have not seen a single downside. They're so cute and my other fish loves to poke at his with his nose.


Malcom || Eko || Fish Jerky
My spoiled monsters
laynisample is offline  
post #58 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 10:42 AM
Member
 
Hopeseeker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Washington State
Posts: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by laynisample View Post
The only downside I've seen is that I have a super aggressive fish. He attacks anything that moves. As aokashi said marimo moss balls float when the light is turned on and sink when it's off. Well... my fish decided that he wasn't going to tolerate the floating thing in his tank and completely destroyed it. (I was picking out marimo bits for weeks from his tank.)

Other than that I have not seen a single downside. They're so cute and my other fish loves to poke at his with his nose.
WOW! He is aggressive!
But, it did make me smile, though. Just the thought of a ferocious little fish beating up a moss ball....kinda comical to envision.


Hopeseeker is offline  
post #59 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 12:40 PM
Member
 
RedRaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeseeker View Post
WOW! He is aggressive!
But, it did make me smile, though. Just the thought of a ferocious little fish beating up a moss ball....kinda comical to envision.
That makes me giggle too! :D Too funny.

My Bettas: The Great Bambino *Babe* my big boy Marbled PK, Rosie my dainty Crown Tail gal ,my little HMPK guy Ginger Baker, Slash my Reptile HM male and my HMPK sweetie Sterling.
RedRaz is offline  
post #60 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 12:43 PM
Member
 
RedRaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 505
So do any of you recommend a site to buy them on? I didn't go through the 6 pages of comments yet to check if someone already answered this. My hubs really want some to put in our 10 gal tank. Question if I'm gonna start cycling my tank soon would these be okay to add while try to cycle?

My Bettas: The Great Bambino *Babe* my big boy Marbled PK, Rosie my dainty Crown Tail gal ,my little HMPK guy Ginger Baker, Slash my Reptile HM male and my HMPK sweetie Sterling.
RedRaz is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What exactly are marimo moss balls and are they worth getting? ChibiShishou Betta Chat 5 03-19-2012 11:35 PM
Java Moss, Marimo Balls, Duckweed bettalover2033 Betta Fish Marketplace 3 03-19-2012 10:11 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome