Here's the tank, I took a pic now that you can finally see what's going on inside it:
Ammonia is sitting at .5 ppm so I think you're right on the plants, I'm just hesitant because I had a GIANT ammonia spike with my last attempt that melted all my wisteria. I'll add a couple of plants today and see how things go :)
Ok added two Amazon Sword plants. One wasn't in very good shape to begin with so if it dies I won't blame the substrate. I also realized that I picked up Flourish Excel instead of Flourish, so had to order some of the real stuff.
I received a shipment of plants earlier than expected yesterday and took the chance of adding them to the tank. It looks beautiful today! I haven't decided on the placement of the plants in the middle, the only ones that will likely stay where they are would be the ones on the ends:
Close-up of left side:
Close-up of right side:
I also have two pieces of driftwood soaking in bowls that the moss will be attached to, and I have another two pieces coming :)