So I have an 18gal, and am looking into starting a NPT. So for the first month or 3 months your leave in the filter? Or do you just start off with no filter?
2) How many plants should I get of each? Like, a ratio perhaps? A 1:3 ratio for floating plants to stem plants, or something like that? When I head to petco Ill see what they've got.
3) What type of shrimp, and can you add them immediately? Would bamboo shrimp be ok, or should I stick to ghost shrimp?
4) This should be the last one. What type of monitoring do you do? Do you do nitrate, nitrite, and ammonia levels, or do you just leave it alone?
5) ok I lied. How do you know when there's enough plants?
6) and last but not least, how do you 'trim' a plant? Just cut off excess leaves? If you let it grow long enough, can you trim it and plant the trimmings? Or does that require flowering and such to get new plants?
Thanks! I'm still debating on a betta sorotiy or just get a new male. Decisions decisions..