Dwarf Hairgrass or Moss for 10gallon? - Page 2 - Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-23-2012, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
SurprisinglyFemale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post
very nice XD
Don't us just love my froggies!? :D Tyrannith just started eating their leftovers O.O his belly is huge...
SurprisinglyFemale is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-23-2012, 08:52 PM
Member
 
Destinystar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Knoxville, Tennessee
Posts: 2,703
Those frogs are adorable and so your Betta he shines, love his color !!!!

Remember the Light at the end of the tunnel may be You.
Destinystar is offline  
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-23-2012, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
SurprisinglyFemale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseusmom View Post
Those frogs are adorable and so your Betta he shines, love his color !!!!
Thank you! I love them all =] I think Tyrannith is still pretty young? He's only an inch long (not counting his tail) barely bigger than my frogs xD
SurprisinglyFemale is offline  
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-23-2012, 10:16 PM
Member
 
kfryman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fremont, CA
Posts: 2,252
Just for future reference and all that, Dwarf hairgrass is a plant that needs medium light, about 55 PAR, watts doesn't really mean anything. Also, you need a fertile substrate, like Ecocomplete or stratum, otherwise it will really only grow up, not out. Trimmings also help to promote horizontal growth.


15 Gallon NPT
1g no tech bowl in the making
kfryman is offline  
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-23-2012, 10:30 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
SurprisinglyFemale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfryman View Post
Just for future reference and all that, Dwarf hairgrass is a plant that needs medium light, about 55 PAR, watts doesn't really mean anything. Also, you need a fertile substrate, like Ecocomplete or stratum, otherwise it will really only grow up, not out. Trimmings also help to promote horizontal growth.
Im going to add fertile substrate and better light in a few months. Right now, I just want to keep it from browning! My DIY bottle gets set up tomorrow, too.
SurprisinglyFemale is offline  
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-24-2012, 09:10 AM
Member
 
kfryman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fremont, CA
Posts: 2,252
The only problem when you add CO2 you should up your lights by either lowering them, or by adding more. When I added CO2 my light was too high and I ended up with a ton of algae. I lowered it, and it has been growing amazingly. Also you Ned more ferts when you get into a "higher tech" tank because plants will burn through the ferts.

To be honest, having higher tech tanks get more expensive, lights usually cost more and then you are using ferts all the time, I don't think it is worth it if you are just trying to keep a plant alive. It's your call, but I would research more if I were you.


15 Gallon NPT
1g no tech bowl in the making
kfryman is offline  
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-24-2012, 03:45 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
SurprisinglyFemale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfryman View Post
The only problem when you add CO2 you should up your lights by either lowering them, or by adding more. When I added CO2 my light was too high and I ended up with a ton of algae. I lowered it, and it has been growing amazingly. Also you Ned more ferts when you get into a "higher tech" tank because plants will burn through the ferts.

To be honest, having higher tech tanks get more expensive, lights usually cost more and then you are using ferts all the time, I don't think it is worth it if you are just trying to keep a plant alive. It's your call, but I would research more if I were you.
Well...die slower than they're already dying. Once they're all gone, ill be switching them with some lower tech plants.
SurprisinglyFemale is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome