Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: North Central, OH
+1 to geomancer
but wanted to add,
I've been in a long-term battle with algea and I know how hard it is to deal with. I had about 15 ramshorn snails in my 26 gallon tank and they werent helping to get rid of it at all, I had my light cycle down to 6 hours and everything.
This is what finally got rid of most of it ---
I cleaned my tank - took out about 30% of just water, no gravel vac'ing. and then took out another 30% with gravel vacuuming. THEN when all of this was done I took out my plants and decorations and kind of rubbed them all to get some of the algea off of them. Then I took a chemical-free sponge and cleaned off all the walls.
When all of that was done I refilled, and havent noticed any new algea growth in about a week and a half.
10 HM, 3 HMPK, 5 HMPK fry
8 German Blue Ram, 5 Green Dragon BNP, 4 Albino BNP, 4 Calico BNP, 6 Red BNP, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 2 ADF, 7 Peppered Cories, & 6 Tiger Endlers + Fry
12 full time tanks, 4 NPT, 6 QT/Breeders