5 gallon - Page 2 - Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 08:17 PM
Member
 
carbonxxkidd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Eagan, Minnesota
Posts: 802
I have cabomba, wisteria, anubais, amazon sword, frogbit, duckweed, anacharis narrow leaf, a small crypt, giant hygro, bacopa caroliniana, subwassertang, java moss, hornwort, and a few other clippings (guppy grass, java fern) in my 5 gallon...I love it and so does my fish!

carbonxxkidd is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 08:46 PM
Member
 
Laki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Dartmouth, NS
Posts: 4,976
Wow. That tank is SO nice!! How do you keep it looking so nice when you need to vacuum? My tank is just a mess. lol

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." -N. Mandela
To my journal! http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/j...ourami-592858/
Laki is offline  
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 09:27 PM
Member
 
carbonxxkidd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Eagan, Minnesota
Posts: 802
It's pretty new, only set it up a couple weeks ago. It's a NPT, so I have only done water only changes...so far it's doing great :)
carbonxxkidd is offline  
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunlight View Post
Hey Lizdu just want to ask how is your betta? I know you had problem with yours previous bettas to survive. So just want to make sure the new one is ok:)
Thanks for asking! He is doing great!!! Definitely had to have been PetSmart's breeder. I bought this little guy from PSP, and he's a joy!
Lizdu is offline  
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonxxkidd View Post
I have cabomba, wisteria, anubais, amazon sword, frogbit, duckweed, anacharis narrow leaf, a small crypt, giant hygro, bacopa caroliniana, subwassertang, java moss, hornwort, and a few other clippings (guppy grass, java fern) in my 5 gallon...I love it and so does my fish!

Definitely what I'd like mine to look like. For some reason, it looks like my anubia is dying. The tank has LED lights, and I don't think they are helping. I just don't think I can replace them with a different light.
Lizdu is offline  
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 09:54 PM
Member
 
carbonxxkidd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Eagan, Minnesota
Posts: 802
If you can switch them out, it'll help. I have another 5 gallon that came with LED lights (kit from Walmart) and the only thing I have in there is a marimo ball, hornort (that won't grow even though it goes nuts in my other tanks) and some pothos pieces. If that's the tank you have, you almost need to buy a new hood for it because there's really no way to switch out he light. I have a compact fluorescent 6500K bulb on my NPT and it definitely grows stuff! My anubais is kind of iffy, two of it's leaves are damaged and yellowing but they were like that when I got it, not sure if I should remove those leaves or not so I just left them for now...
carbonxxkidd is offline  
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 08:35 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizdu View Post
Thanks for asking! He is doing great!!! Definitely had to have been PetSmart's breeder. I bought this little guy from PSP, and he's a joy!
Wow i am glad!!! I thought it something with your water. I can't believe that store has all there bettas sick. I feel bad for all other people who buying ....and trying to figure out what wrong. You had 5 bettas in the row died. It so sad. I am happy for you though:) I hope he will continue doing great!




sunlight is offline  
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 09:39 AM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonxxkidd View Post
If you can switch them out, it'll help. I have another 5 gallon that came with LED lights (kit from Walmart) and the only thing I have in there is a marimo ball, hornort (that won't grow even though it goes nuts in my other tanks) and some pothos pieces. If that's the tank you have, you almost need to buy a new hood for it because there's really no way to switch out he light. I have a compact fluorescent 6500K bulb on my NPT and it definitely grows stuff! My anubais is kind of iffy, two of it's leaves are damaged and yellowing but they were like that when I got it, not sure if I should remove those leaves or not so I just left them for now...

That's how my anubias is. Some of the leaves are yellowing, and when I got it, they were all beautiful and green. I definitely need to look into getting a new hood to fit.
Lizdu is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome