Planted Tank Show and Tell!! - Page 26 - Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care
Like Tree180Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #251 of 2468 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 03:06 PM
Member
 
FishyFishy89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central FL
Posts: 2,677
LOL. The Super Pug does shed, but that would be WAY too much of her hair in the tank. She'd be bald!

Anyways, I think it's because of the current in there. I have 3 bubblers/removed the baffle from my filter to create extra O2 while treating for ich.

Brace Yourself.....Winter Is Coming
75 gallon Angel Paradise Updates:http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/f...gallon-220330/
Fluval Spec V Steel crowntail betta, 3 zebra danios,
Fluval Spec V - unnamed dumbo plaket betta, 3 zebra danios
FishyFishy89 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #252 of 2468 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 03:23 PM
Member
 
Stone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,201
TY I hope he gets better too petco gave him too us because we tend to buy the sickly ones and nurse them back to health if we can sometime we do and other times we don't and when we don't we bring them back and exchange for another sickly one, so she took pity on us on the receipt it says fish donation/adoption my girlfriend just about started crying when she said we were not being charged for the fish. I wish we could rescue them all but we just can't we do as much as we can
Stone is offline  
post #253 of 2468 (permalink) Old 05-05-2013, 09:18 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 24
10 gallon tank - one male crowntail betta, Dubya, with his 3 African dwarf frog tankmates.

Sponge filter, 50 w heater
El cheapo work light from the hardware store, with 13 w CFL. Photo period 10 hours per day
Gravel substrate
Driftwood

Flora:
Cryptocoryne parva
Java moss
Java fern
Echinodoras tenellus, pygmy chain sword
Echinodorus compacta
Vallisneria spiralis, spiral vals
Cabomba
Hygrophila corymbosa stricta
Hygrophila difformis, water wisteria
Ludwigia repens
Pennywort (floating)
Salvinia minima, water spangles (floating)
Frogbit (floating)

Fertilize twice weekly, alternating Fourish Comprehensive and API Leaf Zone. Root tabs for the swords and crypt


You can't change the music of your soul. Katharine Hepburn
Sharpchick is offline  
post #254 of 2468 (permalink) Old 05-05-2013, 11:28 AM
Member
 
RiceFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 185
Awesome tank sharpchick! Like the "wild" look of it. Do you ever get brown algae growth on your white gravel? I have white gravel in my tank and it always gets covered with brown algae after a week >.< I'm dosing excel and Fourish Comprehensive
RiceFish is offline  
post #255 of 2468 (permalink) Old 05-05-2013, 12:10 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceFish View Post
Awesome tank sharpchick! Like the "wild" look of it. Do you ever get brown algae growth on your white gravel? I have white gravel in my tank and it always gets covered with brown algae after a week >.< I'm dosing excel and Fourish Comprehensive
Thanks for the compliment.

No, I haven't had diatoms in this tank. It's about 2 years old and has been planted for about a year.

There's always some green algae on the filter tube, but for the most part, there are so many plants, they out-compete the algae.

I don't dose any carbon boosters because of the vals in most of my tanks. Vals melt really easily when you add carbon boosters.

And I don't inject CO2 either. All my tanks are very low tech, and I'm pretty merciless about ripping out a plant that doesn't perform well.

You can't change the music of your soul. Katharine Hepburn
Sharpchick is offline  
post #256 of 2468 (permalink) Old 05-05-2013, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
aemaki09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: North Central, OH
Posts: 2,677
well, heres an updated picture of my 28.
I added co2 a week or two ago, and added some new types of stems: bacopa australis, ludwigia ovalis, myrio mattogrossense, telanthera, baby tears (regular), and rotala magenta. Oh, and 2 bunches of ludwigia repens.
seems like most everything is really starting to take off besides the telanthera, it had a lot of melt, I'm thinking it was because it had to change from emersed to submersed form. The rotala magenta seems to be having some issues as well, but not to where I need to pull it.

If anyone is looking for a great place to buy plants online, i highly recommend peabody's paradise LLC - (google it) -- they have amazing plants, send you much longer and more plants in a bunch than you would get most ther places, and they all looked fantastic.
I've never been so happy with a plant order. -- they literally came in with 8-12 stems per bunch and all but the baby tears were atleast 8" tall.


10 HM, 3 HMPK, 5 HMPK fry
8 German Blue Ram, 5 Green Dragon BNP, 4 Albino BNP, 4 Calico BNP, 6 Red BNP, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 2 ADF, 7 Peppered Cories, & 6 Tiger Endlers + Fry
12 full time tanks, 4 NPT, 6 QT/Breeders
Member IBC
aemaki09 is offline  
post #257 of 2468 (permalink) Old 05-05-2013, 04:11 PM
Member
 
Elsewhere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,686
Divided 10g, houses two male Bettas. Currently only one Java Fern and one Medium Sword, but you will see plants in other tanks that will soon be transferred to make them a jungle :)



10g with two Golden Mystery Snails. Baby/sick plants tank. 7 Medium Swords, 2 Green Cabomba, 1 Anubias, 1 Jungle Valisneria, 1 Java Fern, 1 Water Wisteria.



5g containing one littler blind girl that didn't do well in sorority life. Currently only one little Java Fern, soon to be a few more plants, but not too many- I don't want to confuse her :)



My big tank... 10 girl sorority with 5 Cories in it. Too many plants to count, they seem to multiply daily, but I'll at least name the types! Water Wisteria, Medium Sword, Green Cabomba, Jungle Valisneria, Corkscrew Valisneria, "Mystery Plant(s)".


55 Gallon: Crowley: Melanoid Axolotl; Mischa: Melanoid Axolotl; Achlys: Albino Axolotl; Eddard Stark: Leucistic Axolotl
Furry Friends: Daisy and Holly: Dogs; Norman and August: Cats; Gilbert and Mordecai: Guinea Pigs
Elsewhere is offline  
post #258 of 2468 (permalink) Old 05-05-2013, 04:28 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by aemaki09 View Post
well, heres an updated picture of my 28.
I added co2 a week or two ago, and added some new types of stems: bacopa australis, ludwigia ovalis, myrio mattogrossense, telanthera, baby tears (regular), and rotala magenta. Oh, and 2 bunches of ludwigia repens.
seems like most everything is really starting to take off besides the telanthera, it had a lot of melt, I'm thinking it was because it had to change from emersed to submersed form. The rotala magenta seems to be having some issues as well, but not to where I need to pull it.

If anyone is looking for a great place to buy plants online, i highly recommend peabody's paradise LLC - (google it) -- they have amazing plants, send you much longer and more plants in a bunch than you would get most ther places, and they all looked fantastic.
I've never been so happy with a plant order. -- they literally came in with 8-12 stems per bunch and all but the baby tears were atleast 8" tall.

What's your lighting on the tank?

You can't change the music of your soul. Katharine Hepburn
Sharpchick is offline  
post #259 of 2468 (permalink) Old 05-05-2013, 04:40 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 24
Lucky and Ivan are in "twin" Aqueon Evolve 4s. I had to stick a sheet of blue plastic between them to keep them from flaring at each other constantly.

Lucky's re-scape at the end of March

Ivan's re-scape, also end of March

Papa Smurf in his planted bowl (yes, it's heated)

You can't change the music of your soul. Katharine Hepburn
Sharpchick is offline  
post #260 of 2468 (permalink) Old 05-05-2013, 04:40 PM
Member
 
Nicci Lu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The Boonies, Arizona
Posts: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpchick View Post
10 gallon tank - one male crowntail betta, Dubya, with his 3 African dwarf frog tankmates.

Sponge filter, 50 w heater
El cheapo work light from the hardware store, with 13 w CFL. Photo period 10 hours per day
Gravel substrate
Driftwood

Flora:
Cryptocoryne parva
Java moss
Java fern
Echinodoras tenellus, pygmy chain sword
Echinodorus compacta
Vallisneria spiralis, spiral vals
Cabomba
Hygrophila corymbosa stricta
Hygrophila difformis, water wisteria
Ludwigia repens
Pennywort (floating)
Salvinia minima, water spangles (floating)
Frogbit (floating)

Fertilize twice weekly, alternating Fourish Comprehensive and API Leaf Zone. Root tabs for the swords and crypt

Gorgeous tank!

"People have forgotten this truth," the fox said. "But you mustn't forget it. You become responsible forever for what you've tamed."
-Antoine de Saint-Exupery


Nicci Lu is offline  
Reply

Tags
bettathanyou

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome