Two Planted 2.5 Gallons! [photos] - Page 2 - Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-04-2013, 08:49 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Sea Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Livermore, California
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agility4fun View Post
Nice set up Sea Dragon! I have three 2.5g tanks that I am filling up with plants. Christmas moss is fun and it grows fast. I got 2 micro swords today and will split them up and add to each tank.
Sweet :D Make sure you post pics when you're done! I've heard good things about christmas moss too and once I get a higher light, I was thinking of adding some microsword or dwarf grass to help fill in the foreground.

I've been wanting to get another betta and 2.5 gallon, but Im going to college in the fall and I promised my babies that they'll be getting an upgrade :U The dilemma.
Sea Dragon is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 10:15 PM
Member
 
Agility4fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: San Jose, California
Posts: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dragon View Post
Sweet :D Make sure you post pics when you're done! I've heard good things about christmas moss too and once I get a higher light, I was thinking of adding some microsword or dwarf grass to help fill in the foreground.

I've been wanting to get another betta and 2.5 gallon, but Im going to college in the fall and I promised my babies that they'll be getting an upgrade :U The dilemma.
This is a week old already and the Christmas moss is already overtaking the tip of the driftwood.


Agility4fun is offline  
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 12:07 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Sea Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Livermore, California
Posts: 266
Wow I love the clean look to it :) I can't wait to add broader leaf plants to my tanks eventually.


Bbys: Blair and Fuji Apple! +Rasputin the class fish
SIP Gibbs, it's been a good year.
Sea Dragon is offline  
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 04:56 PM
ao
Member
 
ao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,440
make sure you get the cmas moss with a reputable ID. many mosses are mis-IDed and you may end up with taiwan, peacock or whatever. lol.

that said, most moss looks the same under low light ^_^
ao is offline  
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 09:54 PM
Member
 
leahleigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Huntersville, NC
Posts: 105
Your water is so clear I didn't realize you had water in it until I saw your fish, and even then I was pretty confused, haha!
I'm in love with that drift wood, I really wish I could find a good piece for my 2.5 that I just got, literally set it up today and grabbed some Amazon Sword + Marimo Moss Ball. I have a picked apart Anubias i'm hoping to regrow in there too.

Either way, I love your tanks! What is the plant in the middle in the first picture? I keep seeing it at my Petco but i'm not sure if I want to get it yet, I'm more in favor of broad-leaf plants myself, with the exception of my Pennywort which I love!

Garth; Metallic White HMPK
Dimitri; Icy Blue HMEE
Baxter; Black Metallic Green and Red HMDT
leahleigh is offline  
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 10:08 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Sea Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Livermore, California
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post
make sure you get the cmas moss with a reputable ID. many mosses are mis-IDed and you may end up with taiwan, peacock or whatever. lol.

that said, most moss looks the same under low light ^_^
Well I wouldn't mind some taiwan or christmas moss :D I just have to find some locally since i cant afford online shipping atm.


Bbys: Blair and Fuji Apple! +Rasputin the class fish
SIP Gibbs, it's been a good year.
Sea Dragon is offline  
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 10:38 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Sea Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Livermore, California
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by leahleigh View Post
Your water is so clear I didn't realize you had water in it until I saw your fish, and even then I was pretty confused, haha!
I'm in love with that drift wood, I really wish I could find a good piece for my 2.5 that I just got, literally set it up today and grabbed some Amazon Sword + Marimo Moss Ball. I have a picked apart Anubias i'm hoping to regrow in there too.

Either way, I love your tanks! What is the plant in the middle in the first picture? I keep seeing it at my Petco but i'm not sure if I want to get it yet, I'm more in favor of broad-leaf plants myself, with the exception of my Pennywort which I love!
Yeah, I poured in the water super slow and I was lucky to get a good batch of petco sand :D There have been several times when I poured in the water too rapidly, and stirred up the soil -.-

Good luck! Yeah I was lucky with the driftwood. I've been back a couple times and I haven't found anythig else ;(


Bbys: Blair and Fuji Apple! +Rasputin the class fish
SIP Gibbs, it's been a good year.
Sea Dragon is offline  
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 11:08 PM
ao
Member
 
ao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,440
trick to pouring water, like during a water change or something.... grab a zip loc bag (the bigger the better, but it should fit in the tank) and float it on top. the pour the water onto the bag. start slow~
ao is offline  
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 11:32 PM
Member
 
Agility4fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: San Jose, California
Posts: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dragon View Post
Well I wouldn't mind some taiwan or christmas moss :D I just have to find some locally since i cant afford online shipping atm.
Come to San Jose, there is a LFS that has a lot of moss.

Agility4fun is offline  
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-24-2013, 03:56 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Sea Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Livermore, California
Posts: 266
Hehe I might have to settle with pouring in a dish since I only have those sandwich bags :P

augh, I want to go aquarium shopping in San Jose so bad! I'll have to set aside some splurging funds when I get a job (I say that a lot sadly haha)

I will post an update soon!


Bbys: Blair and Fuji Apple! +Rasputin the class fish
SIP Gibbs, it's been a good year.
Sea Dragon is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Planted Betta Tank Photos :) MaisyDawgThirteen Planted Betta Tanks 2 09-30-2012 07:38 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome