new to plants?
I recently lost a betta to what I think was tuberculosis. As he was my only fish, I am starting over, with a new tank and all. I have purchased the 6.6g fluval chi and some black aquarium sand, and will be starting a nitrogen cycle this week using pure ammonia, prior to purchasing a new betta for the tank. My past tank was not planted, but I was hoping to plant this one. All I want is an anubias plant of some form, or something similar, which I was hoping I could place below the central LED light in the little plant box that it comes with. My questions are as follows...
- is it possible to house plants in that little box?
- will lighting be sufficient, and would putting tank beside my window help? (Source of natural light). And are there any detrimental effects to putting tank beside window?
- if not the anubias, what's another leafy low light plant that I could use in this tank?
- do I need to add CO2 for photosynthesis? Is this bad for my betta?
- will I need any supplements or will my betta produce most of the necessary plant foods?
- should I cycle the tank with the plant in? Will this speed up cycle?
Thanks so much!