Hello all! Im new to the hobby of betta keeping, and planted tanks have pretty much always peaked my interest, I used to just like watching videos of them on youtube!
So, I had a few questions about starting a tank, because eventually I would like to try to make one! I have an extra tank with all the fixing to experiment, but still not sure about types of plants and stuff...
So, here are my questions, in a nice little list! :D
1. What types of plants are best for a betta/planted tank beginner like myself? I want something hardy, that will last long, and impossible to murder. xD
2. What soil type is best to use for said plants?
3. How long does it usually take for a tank to go full-cycle, and how many plants would you recommend?
4. What specific betta friendly species (such as shrimps??) do you use/need in a planted tank? How many?
5. I've heard the terms low-light, medium-light, and high-light. Does this refer to different watt bulbs, or what?
6. If bettas like it dark, how do you maintain enough light for the plants and betta to both be happy?
7. And last but not least, are 'marimo balls' a good idea for a betta tank? And what exactly are they anyway? Rocks? Moss?
Thanks you for any and all answers anyone can provide! Sorry if I seem a little daft about this stuff, but thats the point of asking, learning proper husbandry and making the best environment for Arturo!! :D