Betta Fish Forum banner

Speedpaint Betta Art

2K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  Syriiven 
#1 ·
Technically a gift, not a commission, and I decided to try speed painting. For those curious, I advise looking it up because I honestly don't understand all of it. What I do know is that I winged this and love how it came out, despite my own shock.

Oldfishlady's beautiful boy in her display pic - thanks so much for the recipe OFL!!

See less See more
#5 ·
I just might. I need to start making my pictures fit int eh frame though -facepalm- I hate it when tails or dorsals seem short cause I get too excited and just splash paint instead of taking a liiiiittle time to plan it

#7 ·
Mine are done with a wacom tablet at my desktop. I use Photoshop Photo Editor (came with the wacom tablet) and GIMP which is free.

I've heard of people using different versions of GIMP or Sai on tablets, but finding it a little tricky to get used to. I honstly dont have any experience with app art programs, cuz my iphone would be too small for my patience xD

#17 ·
Rainbow. A marble thats losing color fast too just like Chuck Norris is as well. Some of my nicest fish are losing color a few too few...gaining but these marbles can drive you nuts cuz they can look great...lose color look bland..then you hope for a gene to move so they look good again...hard to sell cuz fish might change on the way especially if they get cold it seems or stress. It kind of makes sense when you read how marbles came about in the first place, fish sent from a state prison inmate got cold on the way to a betta expert and were forever changed.

#18 ·
Definitely makes sense, SOOO jealous of those colors tho!

So not sure if I told anyone but Sky, but I'm thinking of in May I might break and just buy an EE HMPK off AB, but now seeing your display....not so sure. I just dont have enough time or space for all the fish I'd want xD

But I think I definitely want to find a striking fish.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.