Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ft. Belvoir, VA
I fed the fry with MW this morning at 5, and did a 2/3 water change again at 7. I only found 1 dead fry, and that was due to fungus. I've noticed today that the fungus isn't just on the bottom, but floats around so I started today's change by suctioning the bottom for debris, then took the air hose and sucked up as much fungus and debris flying around as possible. I then took containers and took some water from the top until the water was just at the top of the heater. Then I took the turkey baster and sucked up as much fungus and debris as I could. I'm assuming the amount of fungus is due to the boiled egg yolk, so I won't be feeding them anymore of that.
The fry measure at 1/8". I'm not sure if that is normal, but they are bigger than they were newly hatched.
Still 1 dead is better than what I have been getting. I guess the unknown deaths other than the ones Kio ate, were due to them being weak, and things are starting to even out.
I hope to move to the grow out tank soon, but we'll see.