Betta Fish Forum banner

~> Baby Arapaima Gigas and Golden arowana <~ ( names for them would be accepted)

9K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  trilobite 
#1 ·
~> Baby Arapaima Gigas and Golden arowana <~ ( names for them would be accepted)

NOTICE: I'm well aware of the sizes and the capacity of which I would need to keep these fishes..I'm not new to keeping large fresh water fishes so please do not make STUPID comments like i should give them away and blah blah blah...if u have to say these things please don't bother to comment...thanx!

Anyways these are my new babies and i have both each in 6ft tanks temporarily i.e they both have their own tanks :) also i have pond arangements in place and even a lake in my family estate to place the arapaima if needed...they are doing well ! Both are feeding on live food and and are growing nicely. Hope you guys like them as much as i do!

Here is my baby arapaima:

Baby gold jardini:

See less See more
#3 ·
#7 · (Edited)
I do intend to breed the super red jardini and arapaima gigas later on...we have 18 acres of land that has a nice river running thru it. So i can tap in to it and use the local small fishes for food for them :)

OH and i have 8 silver arowanas , also tiger shovel nose cat fish , Red tail cat fish and clown knife fish...and irredescent sharks...i jus sold my pacus they became a pain in the butt.

#9 ·
TY man its been a while ..how have u been?...regarding the colour when they are young they look goldish blackish...some even look silverish...blackish... the eventually color up to a nice redish orange tail and purplish blackish body very very awesome fish .

#14 ·
I'm jealous! I wish I could have an arapaima so bad. But I know that isn't realistic at all seeing as I live in ohio, and I don't have enough land to build a good sized pond for one.

On another note, I am planning to buy whatever the next standard size of tank after 125 is next year and will be getting my dream fish, a black ghost knife!

#17 ·
That's awesome! An arowana is my dream fish (after I get my own place + more fish keeping experience anyway...)

I'd never seen a baby arapaima before either. Or any being sold, for that matter. It's really cute!

Funny how they're babies but they still need a tank bigger than me...heh...I'd love to see them all grown up and in their permanent enclosures. (If I had a lake with an arapaima I'd find it really heard to resist jumping in and swimming)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.