Betta Fish Forum banner

do i have enough space

3K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  5green 
#1 ·
:roll: i have a vt female in a 3 gallon tank with filter and am planning on getting two cory fish and another female do i have enough space? pls reply:cry:

#5 ·
ok then i am gonna get a 10 gallon tank for my betta
thanks

#6 ·
I've tried two females in a 5 gallon for a brief period, and they got along for about 3 days, before the less dominant one had her back fin ripped. - In a larger tank - ie - 10 gal. plus - add lots of floating plants - and you can have 3+ bettas. And, yes, I will recommend - add the cories - they are great enthusiastic swimmers who will keep the betta girls so entertained that some of the territorialism will dissapate. IT won't be 100% gone - I have a 20 gal with 5 girls and 3 cories - and I still see a bit of chasing - But with those floaters _ for me, I have a huge - plant with lots of hanging roots and branches/leaves - so that the others can always go into hiding, and there's enough girls in there that there isn't any 'one' being picked on more than the rest.

keeping 2 girls alone can be much more difficult because the one fish will always dominate the other ...

good luck.

#7 ·
i dont think i have enough room for more than 10 gallons but i do have enough for 10 gallons

#8 ·
make sure that if you want to put those two girls together that you plan on getting a few more so that there will be a pecking order

#10 ·
ok so 3 or 4 bettas thanks for the info really helped me a lot

#13 ·
5green, also, if you plan to get 3-4 bettas then get a bigger tank. 3 gallons won't be enough. I suggest a 10 to be safe.

#16 ·
i might just get three girls but if it goes well i am gonna get another girl

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.