Betta Fish Forum banner

Bettas in community tanks - share yours!

6K views 30 replies 19 participants last post by  Destinystar 
#1 ·
I just recently introduced a new male betta to my 20G community which currently houses a pair of Mickey Mouse platys, a school of albino corydoras, and a lone zebra danio (who was dumped on me by a negligent owner and is looking for a new home with a school for her to enjoy - my water is too warm for danios to stay in permanently). I have tried having a male betta in this exact community before and it didn't go very well. The betta was stressed and fearful and flared at everything when he wasn't hiding which was most of the time.

This male has reacted very differently and seems very comfortable. He surfaces regularly and is active and curious. I've only seen a couple flares from him since he's been introduced and no chasing at all. He'll even swim in the open water at the top of the tank for extended periods while the platys play around him. Have you guys had any luck with bettas in communities? Share yours! :)

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.