Betta Fish Forum banner

Pls help me...does any one know what type of Betta is that in my profile picture...

848 views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  Mohankrish99 
#1 ·
I bought a Betta which I thought was a crowntail and now it is a combtail.. lol I'm exited as comb tail are rare...
is that comb tail or crown tail Betta which is in my profile picture...?

#4 ·
Does kind of look like a combtail, and I would definitely not classify it as your typical crowntail :). Age is hard to say..... the way I do it is by looking at the length of the pectoral fins. I can't really get a good look at them from the picture. Most fish are sold between 4 to 6 months, but depending on where you got it from, where it was bred originally, and how long he was waiting on the shelf, he could be older or younger. If his body (not counting fins) is longer than in inch and a half, I would say he is older than 6 months. he looks to be about 5ish months to me, but I am by far no expert so you might want to have a few breeders age him for you.

He is really cute :) Does he have a name yet? I can't remember if you mentioned one. Also, what kind of set-up do you have him in?

#5 · (Edited)
http://www.bettafish.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=145497&stc=1&d=1370883470

http://www.bettafish.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=145505&stc=1&d=1370883622

Thank u very much...Open these links..these pics will give u a clear idea..

oops... his name is Tony...and I'm using half a gallon bowl...
I feed him with small earth worms , pellets and some freezed dried tubifex worms...3 times a day and 3 varieties of food...

I don't have a good quality camera to show him clearly..he is purple, blue and partial red when the lights are above him...when we flash a light a side to him he looks like green and red...

I really love him a lot...I use to spend at least 2hrs with him per day...
Bettas are awesome pets to have...
at first all my family members opposed me to have Betta...but now they all ask me about it every time they saw me...even my dad checks him every time he comes in to my room...I'm very happy..

now I want to buy a 4gallon partitioned tank...and I want to buy a friend to him i.e. red HMDT or red rosetail which I saw them in the pet store..really beautiful..

you don't believe....my Betta is very sick(ammonia poisoning disease) when I purchase him...I want to save him from that pet store that's why I bought him without any idea...

now tony is very healthy and energetic...always wants to fight against his image in the mirror, which I put to give him some exercise for 15min or so...
how is it..? :)

#10 ·
That's great to hear!! Yeah, you will probably want to put him in a bigger container so you can enjoy him to the fullest. Basically, his fins will just stay the way they are (except getting longer) because it's a genetic thing. So his fins will be shaped and anlged the way they are now for the most part for the rest of his life. Does he have a heater in his bowl? They really like 80 temperatures and you will get the most out of him if you keep him warm :) Sounds like he has a great diet!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.