Betta Fish Forum banner

Rescued veiltails for sale

3K views 23 replies 7 participants last post by  justmel 
#1 ·
I have 2 veiltails, one male, and one female for sale. They are both rescued.

One thing I should tell you is the female is very spoon-headed.

The male has nothing wrong with him that I see. He is very spunky.

I will ship them. $40 for Express shipping. $5 for each of them. Shipping can be combined.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
These both look like females to me, which one is the male?

#4 ·
the top pictures is the female and the blue, red and black veiltail on the bottom is the male. I know he is a male because I don't see the eggspot. I know the difference between a male and female betta.

#6 ·
I really feel like they are both females. I have a female that looks very similar to your blue one, and she does not have an eggspot either. Like Matts said, the eggspot is not always a reliable means of sexing.

#7 ·
I also agree with 10asartin and Matt ^_^ Either way they're still nice looking fish! You should start a sorority! lol

Good luck on giving them a new home though, I'm sure someone will be happy to take them! :-D

#8 ·
Well I have a 30 gallon tank that I am gonna be using as a fry tank for my soon to be guppy fry. I have 3 females that are pregnant and I figured a 30 gallon was big enough for all the fry. Would 2 bettas be alright with 60+ guppy fry? I expect the guppy fry within 3 weeks or so.

#9 ·
Pregnant? :eek: Bettas can't get pregnant. Do you mean eggy? The eggs are infertile if they're eggy. A 30G won't be big enough for all that fry; if they're alive.

Bettas will most likely eat guppy fry.

#10 ·
Not bettas. MY GUPPIES ARE PREGNANT NOT MY BETTAS. I have no way my bettas could be pregnant only my guppies are pregnant.

#13 ·
Yeah that is why I am selling the bettas. I want to have room in my one 10 gallon tank for the females both before birth and after. I currently have the grizzle girl in it

#14 ·
That little female is beautiful! It's going to be awhile before I can afford any, but if you still have her next month I'd be happy to take her off your hands.

#16 ·
That's the one I was talking about. I think she is stunning. Even if she has problems that make her a pet rather than a breeder she'd be a gorgeous addition to any sorority. It still going to be weeks till I have any money I can spend, but if you still have her by then I will very gladly give her a new home. If someone wants her before then I will just be happy that she found a place to be loved & appreciated for the beauty she is.

#17 ·
I will still have her. No one has shown any interest in her except you. How many weeks? She is free and shipping is only $30.

#18 ·
I really don't see where she's spoonheaded though, she looks pretty decent to me!

#19 ·
she is spoonheaded trust me. For some reason when I took these pictures it doesn't show but she is spoonheaded.

#20 ·
I have another spoon headed lady here, so that doesnt bother me in the least. I just love her coloration. I wish I could say it was sooner, but I likely won't have any money to spare before September 9th. It might be after that. I have a couple commitments I need to meet before hand, but I will stay in touch & let you know what it going on. Message me anytime you wonder or if something happens with this pretty lady (such as she finds a different home)

#22 ·
Just PM me your name and address and I will send her to you next Wednesday. Thing is we are moving by Sept 11 and I don't wanna take her to the new place then have to ship while she is still stressed from the move so I wanna ship her while she is calm and happy.

#24 ·
I'm going to PM you. I've had problems with IOUs before and am not 100% comfortable with that, but will leave it up to you in the end.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.