Betta Fish Forum banner

AlphaOmega666 Life With Bettas Journal

10K views 136 replies 5 participants last post by  AlphaOmegaWolf666 
#1 ·
Hello Alpha Omega here and thanks to BettaLover1313 my best friend ever told me I needed a journal since she wants updates on my baby boy Sushi. A little background before I began I have had fish on and off for the past 20 years (I am 20 years old now). So I do know about fish I have had mostly goldfish and I got my other betta Anchovie a few months or so before BettaLover1313 got her fist betta …Beta (lol love that name and he was a cute little guy.) Well I had him for about a year give or take 2 when one day I came home from work and found him flouting, I have never cried over a fish like I did that day. Now pushing on nearly 2 years I have never had another fish that stole my heart till June 11th, 2013 when my friend BettaLover1313 and I went to Pet Smart (love that place) looking for groceries and trying not to buy any betta fish (I wanted a snake but would have been killed by my mom, she would have also killed BettaLover1313 as well if I got one). Well this red, white and blue, crescent moon male, caught my eye and his energy sang to mine and now he is my baby boy. I might be “new” to the full on betta lifestyle but I do know when my fish is happy or sick so if I mention anything that sounds like I am doing something wrong please pm me instead of posting it here. I have this rule because I might describe the situation like my fish is sick but it could turn out that it was just a trick of the light that I did not notice till I examined him further or he is being him and trying to get a treat from me. So please if anyone feels like I am doing something wrong pm me and we can talk. Anyway on with my adventures with Sushi.

P.S. Any Spelling, or Grammar mistakes are completely normal please do not correct me Teachers half already tried and failed, I will do the best I can but no promises.

P.S.S. I will try to update at least once a day but I do work and have a busy life .

See less See more
#80 ·
Thanks BL and right now he is resting he has not had a seizer since I completely changed his water and added the epsom salt. My poor boy is exhosted and there is nothing I can do to take his pain away.

#81 ·
I'm really hoping he'll pull through for you. I know how attached you are to him already.

#82 ·
I hope so to sure he has been sick since I got him but i knew he was a fighter that is one of the reason I named him The Doctor. *Sigh* Sushi and Ali have been worried to and they won't listen to me when I said he would make it and pull threw.

#83 ·
Keep us updated!

#84 ·
I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!! I spent all night and day trying to figure out what was making him sick, and after a talk with my boss (we did not discuss fish). I mentioned how the things we sell was cheap lead based paint Chinese junk. That is when it hit me I went over to the gems that we sell (same gems that is in his fish tank) they are all painted! The only colored gems that was not painted was the clear and green gems. The Doctor was having a bad reaction from the paint! So I bought some river rocks and re-did the entire tank. He even started to build a bubble nest! Yea he is still sick and not as active as he should but that alone relives my worries. I am so happy that I kissed Sushi's tank he of course had the normal reaction of, "MOM NOT IN FRONT OF THE OTHERS!"

#85 ·
Glad to hear that you figured out what was making him sick! Hopefully he'll recover now!

#86 ·
Yes hopefully he is still sick and you can tell by the way he moves but maybe this will be the start to a well recovery again glad I stopped in at work today otherwise I would not have figured it out. Oh and Sushi wanted to say something in the journal so I am gonna let him finish this post off.

Sushi: YEAH! My baby brother is gonna be ok. Mommy was right but sissy and I was worried now ..... oh look my soccer ball *tink* *tink* *tink*

#87 ·
Walking out of Petsmart today a voice in my head said, "Hello this is your conscious talking, How are you?" Yes I got another Betta but I can explain really I can. See I dropped off my dogs to get groomed and walked around to see some plants and tank accessories when here they moved the Bettas on me and next thing I know I come face to face with them.You just cant walk away from them so I looked threw and found the beautiful female I now have.

Now my problem is coming up with a name for her *sigh*. Oh and the Doctor is doing good he now has a huge bubble nest in his tank.

#88 ·
*Shakes head* I'd say join Bettas Anonymous but that wouldn't help since we're all enablers :p.

Glad to hear that the Doctor is doing well.

Oh! What if you called her Donna?

#89 ·
Yea I dont think that BA will allow a crazy person like me in lol, The Doctor is doing great so is everyone else so happy everyone is okay.

As for her new name I have tried, Queen (Flared at by everyone), Donna (Flared). So I looked up most common Betta names and at first i was shocked to see Sushi on the list *sigh* broke my heart a little but anyway so I was listing off names and when I came to the name Gypsy she got excited. So I now welcome my cream/golden lady Gypsy to the family.

#90 ·
Gypsy's a nice name for her ^^

#91 ·
Thanks and I did some re-organizing the tanks since I want to spend less time cleaning tanks and so I can easly move them if needed. Ali and Gypsy are now in beautiful 1 gallon vases (not normal but they love it), AND Sushi is getting moved to Ali's smaller tank. The big half moon tank will be saved till a time when I can get tetras. Yes I have a problem but the tetras wont be for a while, so no worries lol.

P.S. All my kids are pissed at me now cause I got called into work early and when I got called in I was cleaning all of there tanks. They had to spend the whole day in the cups, yea they are pissed off big time with me.

#93 ·
Nope there is no heater in any of my fish tanks since I never needed one. This winter I moved them close to the heater if it got to cold.

Oh and now that the are all out of their cups they have forgiven me since I gave them treats lol. Silly fishies.

#94 ·
OMG I love the rain but do you think that it would rain when I work. NO :cry: *sigh* I love working when the sky is dark and stormy but I cant get a break. Anyway the Kids are doing fine I had to move Ali and Gypsy because they were freaking out because of the storm. What do Sushi and The Doctor do? Sleep of course they were passed out and if fish could snore both my boys would be as bad as a bear during hibernation (it is sad I know how my kids sleep).

#95 ·
lol silly fish.

#96 ·
Lol Yep and Sushi is ticked because I moved him to a smaller tank. That boy needs to learn how to deal with things.

#97 ·
I finally did something that I have always wanted to do and since my baby's are good and healthy. I had to start this on the "Blood moon" since it was a time that was special to me, and have to end it tonight. See I am a Wicca (to all those who are Wicca I don't follow the standard), and I finally got to do a protection spell to keep my Bettas safe. It is not fool proof they are still open to fish diseases but it helps that they are protected just in case.

#99 ·
Thanks the stinkers still think they get a treat every single time I walk in the room but I love them. Over here the clouds parted just enough to show it I was so happy!

#100 ·
*sigh* I just got back from a funeral and have to go back to work here in an hour. On top of that I got a phone call from my boss saying my schedule might change due to somebody only working one day a week. Oh boy good thing I have my baby's to keep me calm.

#101 ·
:-( Hope all is well. Hopefully your schedule won't change too drastically. Bettas/fish are good at keeping people calm.

Reactions: AlphaOmegaWolf666
#102 ·
Yea all of my kids are trying to cheer me up right now since i got some news today that I am not taking to well (BL1313 i will tell you Monday)

#103 ·
Well I can't sleep tonight since I am thinking of my life and where it is going (or not going). Anyway I started to think and I started to think of running my own business, then I started to think 'what am I gonna sell?' well I glanced up at my bettas. Well now I am thinking of running a betta shop. I know it will never happen but it is nice to think of running a shop doing what I love. For some reason I decided to post this silly I know but it feels good to let it out.

#104 ·
I think a betta shop would be very cool! Plus, you can always ask your crazy business majoring friend for help ;-).

#105 ·
lol oh well then I guess your out then lol JK JK JK lol you know I will always ask for your help you are my main supporter in this lol.

#107 ·
:shock: For shame! JK! :cool:

You'll want to come up with an original name for your shop (basically one that you can't find via Google). I'll also send you a link to make sure that the name isn't trademarked either. We need to do a Skype or something sometime so we can get things straight (or straighter than what we've already discussed ;-))

#108 ·
Thanks BlueLacee, yea I have been threw the ringer with my kids and as for the betta shop I might start with an online shop till I can get the funds. Of course when I told the kids about the shop and my plans this is literally the look they gave me. :shock:

#110 ·
Oh and before I forget my mom's goldfish George and I started to play a game where he will follow my fingers till he gets tired of it. Please note I have been playing this game for almost the entire day my arm is about to fall off lol.

#111 ·
This is George he was a fair fish (not expected to last long) he is now four (4) years old and very very big.

Attachments

#112 ·
Of course food sounds good lol. That will probably work out best as things are getting hectic with Clay Club sales fast approaching and end-of-the-year exams. We can probably set up face-time or something at least once before I'm back for the summer.

#113 ·
loli well I have no idea how to use scype ..... and I don't even think I spelled it right lol. Besides I don't think my computer has a camera.......(looks for a camera) okay it does now how does it work lol. Let's set something up when you get back since work and family are now bugging me (Cupcake is wanting me to scratch her back)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.