Betta Fish Forum banner

Tankmates for 2 females?

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Bombalurina 
#1 ·
I have two female bettas that don't ever nip each other together in a 10 gallon tank. I am looking to get them some tankmates, and am debating between adding a couple mollies/platties/tetras or a small group of danios/guppies. Really what I'm looking for are some personal opinions and stories about which you think would look the best. Thanks so much! =D

~Queen of the Crowns

#4 ·
I agree with Matt. I know it may seem like they're fine now and that they have been for a year but it won't be pretty the moment they do snap.

Either way though, if you add other fish, it's going to stress them out more and possibly cause them to get aggressive. So either keep them how they are or get more females, that's my suggestion is all :)

#6 ·
Danios also thrive in cooler water than bettas, and are super fast, which can stress a betta out.
I would suggest looking at your water parameters. Hard water with a high pH will suit livebearers; soft water with a low pH would be better for tetras, kuhlis or cories.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.