Betta Fish Forum banner

For Our Older Betta Friends: Dealing with the Spouse

4K views 37 replies 21 participants last post by  metalbetta 
#1 ·
So, I'm curious to know how some of the spouses of equally obsessed Betta fans deal with this obsession.

God bless mine, he's trying really hard. He sits and looks through all of my "dream Bettas" with me, trying really hard not to roll his eyes. LOL And he completely bites his tongue when I order half a dozen new friends. He even suggested I take up breeding, "If you want that many fish!" He's been a trooper.

So how do your spouses deal with it and have any of you actually managed to bring them to the darkside??? :p

#32 ·
Bwahahahaha! Resistance is futile. That's what I keep repeating. You could always throw up the puppy or kitten arguement. Like, at least I'm not buying puppies all the time. Fish are an opt out pet. If you don't want to deal with them, you really don't have to. :) Aside from losing the odd tabletop here and there.

#38 ·
My boyfriend keeps saying he's going to buy a long side table, and all of the fish are going on that. After that's full, then no more.

Okay, dad...

I already have my plans. Cameron's going on the kitchen counter, since his water changes will suck the most. Winston and Nina in the bedroom, and Tifa and Damian (My charismatic boys) will be in the living room.
...We'll see who wins this round... bwa ha ha... ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.