Betta Fish Forum banner

The Little Mermaid

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  KLeighS 
#1 ·
So I was bored today and was watching The Little Mermaid. Napoleon sits on my dresser behind my desk. It's easy for him to see the TV. While i was watching it he pretty much planted himself in the bottom corner easiest to see from. He's not dead/lethargic. Do you guys think he was watching it with me?

#3 ·
Lol my fish does the same. I guess they're amused since it's something new that they're looking at and because it's always moving. I also watched Little Mermaid and for some reason when Ursula came on he'd flare EVERY SINGLE TIME. Apparently he doesn't like her too much lol.

#4 ·
Lol my fish does the same. I guess they're amused since it's something new that they're looking at and because it's always moving.
bingo. i guess the flashing moving images get them interested :) afterall, they're in their bowls 24/7 so anything moving or new in the room is some action to them.
mine does the same. especially when something explodes etc lol. love scenes are less interesting to him :roll: typical MAN!

#6 ·
<-- The betta in my avatar LOVED watching TV. He also loved Christmas lights and would stare mesmorized at my Christmas tree.

In addition to being interested out of curiosity/boredom, I imagine bettas are ingrained to be highly attentive to flashes of color/movement since in the wild that would mean another colorful betta or a predator was in their territory.

#11 ·
My boy betta *loves* the show "Teen Mom"; the girl doesn't care for it, and actually goes and hides in her log.

I understand both feelings, haha.

And yes, I admit it, TM is my guilty secret. :| Haha.

#13 ·
My boy betta *loves* the show "Teen Mom"; the girl doesn't care for it, and actually goes and hides in her log.

I understand both feelings, haha.

And yes, I admit it, TM is my guilty secret. :| Haha.
lol thats funny!!

my neihbor keeps her tv on animal planet , and often comes home to dogs barking at the tv. :-D

#15 ·
I read that and then the batman theme popped into my head... very curious...

I think my boys watch tv with me too. when they're not sleeping.:roll: they must sleep like 18 hours...Oye...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.