Betta Fish Forum banner

Algae wafers are not pellets...rant.

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  betta fish crazy 
#1 ·
So, I go home on the weekends a lot. (I'm in college and live in an apartment). 2 weeks ago, my roommates wayyy overfed my betta flakes. So this week, I told them to give them 2 pellets twice a day. I even took the flakes and put them away. When I got back last night, I found my water cloudy with green mush all over the bottom. Instead of feeding pellets, they fed them algae wafers. :-? 2 a day, twice a day for 3 days. So my fish weren't fed, 2 of my snails were wayyy overfed, my water was disgusting, and half of my algae wafers are gone. That's lovely. I didn't have time to clean all the tanks that night, so I put them in their water change cups, and floated them all night so they'd still be warm. Then cleaning the tanks was a nightmare. they smelled horrible.

So there's my rant. All the fish are fine, I'm just angry.

#3 ·
I go home most weekends though. I'm ok with leaving them for a few days, but not a few days every week. I told her the mistake though. So, next time it should be fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.