Betta Fish Forum banner

jumping to conclusions...

1K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  tsoto80 
#1 ·
Once I was at the pet store with my family, looking for a new betta. A pet store employee came out of nowhere and said "Do you know how to take care of a betta?"

Before I could say anything, my little sis put in a good word for me. "She's had 3."

The pet store lady quickly said, "Not all in the same tank, right? Because they will fight if you put them together."

I assured her I didn't, then snuck off to look at the rodents until the pet store lady stopped hovering over the betta cups. Then I returned and picked out my new betta Benji (RIP, you were the sweetest thing ever)

So what do you guys think? Was she just doing her job? Or was she being a bit too assertive?

#4 ·
Yeah, it's actually good that she came up to your I think...imagine you were one of those people who had known nothing (or close to nothing about bettas), at the very least she saved a potential mauling.

#6 ·
Every time I go into the petsore and walk out with more then one betta I get asked that question at least twice. Part of me thinks it just in the job requirement but one and a while I will get someone who I feel actually cares. Once I had to explain I was setting up a sorority and I really had an argument with the lady that females can be placed together under the right conditions.

#7 ·
I think she aproached you in a right manner. Maybe she gets a lot of customers that do house bettas together so she just assumes everyone is the same. If you think about it most people have 1 fish tank and do not know about seperating bettas. I wonder what she would have said if you told her they are in the same tank and if she sells cutomers the right size tanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.