Betta Fish Forum banner

How many bettas do you have?

2K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  Jinx 
#1 ·
Soooo I am still relatively new to the betta world (first betta last year, but just joined recently). I feel like I have a lot of fish. I have three tanks in my room. A 10 gallon with my male Bellino, a ten 10 with my male Chiquito, and 20 gallon with four female guppies and three female bettas (soon to be five, I am adopting two).

So how many does everyone else have? Are they for breeding/show/or just pets?

#2 ·
I has 11 and counting! Their pics are scattered all over :p

I do want to show and breed some day, just making the plans for when that days comes.

#3 ·
I am planning on breeding after my move, but in the meantime I only have two.

After my move I'll have so many, so much looooove

#5 ·
Not, not hard. Its only hard when on gets sick and when it comes to scrubbing tanks. Gotta catch them all in their cups and I have to be careful with the marble HM cause he gets a little stressed in his cup. :/

#7 ·
#9 ·
as of tomorrow five maybe six. four males (Dastan, Nero, Melvin and Benny) And Tamina. i may pick up a second female or even another male but SHHHHH dont tell bf that!

#11 ·
I have 14 bettas scattered throughout various parts of the house. I have 10 in my room (every available surface is taken up by fish, I don't even have a powerpoint for my lamp anymore :lol:). One lives in the kitchen and the rest live in the study.

Since I have so many, I keep a journal and a diary of water changes, water test results and any general information (such as feeding etc.) in case something happens and someone else needs to look after them.

When I get my full set-up done, I will have room for another pair, as well as a group of wild bettas to go in my 46 gallon.

#12 ·
I have 8 bettas :) 3 in my bedroom. Lemon , Lynx and Alejandro. Then my dragon Hm (no name yet) Is down in the Dining room / relaxing room. Then Lolli and my 3 fry live in my 20 gal in the living room.

#13 ·
i have 17 males ( Ronin/ blue red white hm, Lemon yellow crowntail, Spirit(ghost's brother lol/ doubletail, Sith red vt, Donatello purple vt, Gabriel darkblue vt, Sephiroth cobaltblue vt, Cyprian green red doubletail, Jesse James red blue doubletail, Billy(Billy the Kid) red dragon vt, Garak black blue pk, Ace red blue dt/hm? Mint dalmation vt, Odin fushia vt, Mike turquoise vt, two un-named 4mnth old hm males.

6 females ( Bala cambodian, Tippy turquoise, Aztec dark blue red, Areis red pk, Fawn blue pk, two 4mnth old females un-named)

hope to breed in the future.

#15 ·
I have 10 males primarily in the kitchen and living room. I should be getting six 5 gallon tanks today though so the arrangement is a little up in the air. I have only named one which is my orange VT named Sunkist. I had never really thought of naming fish so I am slowly working on it.

I have 7 females in QT waiting to be a sorority. I am just making sure none are sick even though my husband thinks I am crazy and wants me to dump them all in the tank now!

#20 ·
Wow! I don't think I could find enough spots for all of those aquariums!!! :shock: Plus my husband wants to bring home 2 Weimerainer (sp?) dog brothers that are posted on Craigslist for free on top of what we already have (various fish, 2 chihuahuas and 2 cats). I think I should be able to charge admission to come see all of my animals pretty soon! j/k although my house is kind of like a zoo these days. We just love animals!

#21 · (Edited)
I have one right now, Sir Crispin, in a 5 gallon. That's all I'm going to have for several years. Next year I graduate and move away for a gap year, then I'll be going somewhere else for two years for my Masters. That's a lot of moving to keep fish, so I'm limiting myself until I settle down for more than a few years at a time. :D

Eventually, I'd like to give breeding a shot maaaaybe in my mid to late twenties when I've got the time for it. xD

#22 ·
I don't own any fish because we are moving to a new house and the blizzard just hit us making the temperature very cold up here. I thought about it for a while and decided that it wouldn't be very fun to the fish if he had to travel in these kind of conditions. After we finish moving I'm going to buy the chosen one. When I do get that lucky betta I'm going to name it Meredith. It's an old welsh name meaning guardian from the sea.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.