Betta Fish Forum banner

Cleaning Tanks

819 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Irish Dancing Man 
#1 ·
Random thoughts...

I just cleaned my tanks today, I find the whole process really relaxing... which is a good thing since I have to do it so often. :p I always feel so calm during and after. I love rearranging their rocks and plants and I love reintroducing them into their homes and watching them explore their new surroundings. It's very satisfying to be doing something good for them, something I know they appreciate in their own little fishy way. I suppose it's a very Zen experience, like tending to a rock garden. I'm glad I have the time to enjoy moments like these. :)

#2 ·
I think for me, the Zen feeling lasts for about the first couple of tanks. Then invariably, something happens like my siphon falling onto the floor, me tripping over a cat while carrying a full bucket of water, me forgetting to unplug the heater, me spilling water on the electrical socket, the filter in the goldfish tank falling at such an angle it sprays 40 litres of water over the rumpus floor :lol:

My fish have this obsession with waiting right under where I'm re-pouring the water into their tank. Then when they get blown around everywhere, they look at me like I did it.

Luckily all my tanks are going to be in my room from today so no more trudging up and down stairs. Now I just need to convince my dad to knock out the wall between my bedroom and the spare one, and install a sink...

#3 ·
Ahaha I totally understand! My zen moment has definitely been broken before by spilling water all over myself... accidentally inhaling the fish water as I siphon... dislodging the plants as I pour the water in, I hate it when they float to the top and then I have to reposition them in a full tank of water, inevitably spilling all the water out onto the floor... haha

Good times XD

#5 · (Edited)
I like it when I'm doing normal changes and don't have to remove my boys from the tank to do so >.<

Otherwise I'm dealing with Azul stressing out and Mister Fishy II being completely chill.

Mister Fishy II doesn't bother me, but Azul freaks XD And so I'm running around trying to change the water and at the same time going "Zully calm downnnnn!" even though he can't understand me.

And I usually end up managing to spill a ton of water on something regardless of how much is in the container or bucket I am carrying.

When it goes smoothly it's nice.

Otherwise I want to shoot something.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.