Betta Fish Forum banner

So tempting.

1K views 18 replies 5 participants last post by  Cassandra90 
#1 ·
It is so tempting to buy another Betta. I have one in a 10 gallon with a male hm betta, cories, snail, and shrimp. I used to have two with the 10 gallon divided.

Well I have 2 extra tanks. I have a 5 gallon and a 2.5 gallon, one extra filter, 2 extra heaters, gravel, plants, decor pretty much everything to set up one more tank. Ugh...it's so tempting. Hell I even still have my divider for my 10 gallon, but I would hate to divide it with the cories in there, they need their space.

But I really don't have the time for another tank. I have the 10 gallon, 55 gallon, my gecko, and cat, also college student and working full time.

#2 ·
i know! bettas are so addicting! i would set up a tank if i were you, mainly cause bettas are just so fun to be around! but.... im only in middle school, so i dont know what its like to be a college student yet :p

#3 ·
I am really tempted to just set up the 2.5 hex again, and get maybe a female. But like I said I have no time. I have been thinking about it lately. Also I still with the parents so I have to check with them if it would be okay to have another tank. Also I have no idea where I would be able to put it.

#6 ·
I've been bitten too. I've been trying to figure out where I could put another tank that would be safe from my kids. I never thought I'd own one fish let alone, want a bunch of them.

I'd really like to do a big sorority/community tank in the livingroom, but I think I need to wait until both kids are going to preschool so I have the time to devote to it.

#5 ·
I know. I owned my red vt for 3 years before getting Ares my hm. They are addicting. I might get one this summer at least that way I will have the time. I am more trying to get my little sister to get a fish, she is 18 years old. Even though if she did get one it would be more for myself and not her.

#7 ·
I started out with a 40 gallon then upgraded to a 55 gallon with semi aggressive fish.

Then one betta, then two bettas and now back to one. Fish tanks do take a lot of time. I am always doing something with mine, either cleaning, or changing decor, or adding live plants/trimming in my 55 gallon.

#8 ·
i'm in the same situation! i'm planning to go down to walmart today(if my mom agrees, that is), to buy something for my tanks(probably more plants, or a new hidey cave, since i had to 'bench' the one Dante had). if their bettas look good, the cups are clean, no one's dead or sick, it's gonna be hard not to take someone home. >.>; of course, i'm gonna carry a sheet of paper in my pocket, and a pen/marker/highlighter, and if things look horrid, they're getting an angry note left. >:O

#11 ·
Yeah walmart has pretty bad conditions. I never buy fish from them. meijer near me is decent. The Bettas are ok sometimes I see bad ones, but their regular tanks are in good shape and clean.

I also have local pet stores too like Anchor Bay Aquarium, Kee's Pet Place, and etc. but I never see Bettas in there really.

#16 ·
it'll show them, that people are happier when the cups are clean, and there's no dead/dying fish on the shelves. if i leave a note like "e-mail this store if you're happy the cups are clean" or something, maybe more people'll e-mail them when the cups are clean! :D

xD that'll work!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.