Betta Fish Forum banner

My first shot at Betta art =]

6K views 77 replies 20 participants last post by  rosefoo 
#1 · (Edited)
I used Liam as a guide =D
What do you all think? I need more practice but I liked the way the colors were blending.

See less See more
#63 ·
Your welcome guys =]

Yes you can use it as your avatar! :-D

#66 ·
Sorry this took so long! I hope yall enjoy =]

Churro

Akira

#67 ·
Thank you so much! I LOVE it! It's absolutely beautiful.

#69 ·
lol I can try but I've never done them before so no promises on how they'll turn out. =P

#71 ·
As an artist myself I am going to critique you.

The pieces you have put out are well done. I know its digital cause I do digital also. I come to noticed that the pictures match up to the T of the pictures given to you for references.

As a digital tablet users are you tracing the photo then using the smear tool? I see you are adding in your own to make the eyes deeper and lighting on the fish, but like I said it doe seem like you are tracing all these pictures.

I used to trace to for practice. I think most artist do, but you will soon move away from it and be able to do it all on your own with time ^_^

Keep up the fun work.

#72 ·
Well you are right that I use a digital program for my coloring as I stated in the begining of this thread. However I'm not tracing the pictures. I draw the base of the image in my sketch book then use gimp to color it as I don't have anything that would match the colors correctly. I use the dropper to get the right colors and then paint the image. I use the smudge tool to get rid of any hard lines so it looks more realistic. I hope this helps you understand how I did these. Also here is some pics of the outlines from my sketch book. I'm not at home right now so I took these with my phone.

#74 ·
Nice ^_^

#75 ·
Wow, that was beautiful! the wait wasn't too long, and even if it took two months, this was so nice it's worth it! Thank you! <3

#76 ·
I know I asked a while ago if you'd do a picture for me. Most of my pictures are blurry, but here's Sazzer

Thx if you can and you're work is sooo gorgeous every new piece you show is amazing!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.