Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care - View Single Post - BettaSplendid's journal
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2015, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
BettaSplendid

BettaSplendid's journal

Hello! I have 5 little betta friends and I will be sharing some about each of them.
First I will tell you about Antigua- since he is my favorite (but only by a smidge because I love all of them and they are each unique).

I first saw Antigua in a Petco near my mom's house in May 2015. We had gone in "just to look" at the bettas. There were many, many beautiful ones. This little white plakat with turquoise trimmed fins stood out to me the most. We left without any fish though, amazingly. It was hard. 3 weeks later we went to "look" again. He was still there! I was shocked. He was still amazing. He was labeled a "halfmoon plakat" but with his thick white scales I *think* he is a dragon scale. Fine with me if he was mislabeled, made him cheaper! This particular Petco does water changes every other day and he was nice and plump. He looked the same as he had the first time I saw him. And I had an empty 10 gallon at home. Soooooo... I got him! It was a long 1.5 hour ride home for him. It took him a few days to really adjust. He would swim quickly up to the surface and then go hide in an ornament. Once he realized this was "his territory" he really began to own it. He cruised around and checked everything out and just happily kept busy. Built his first bubble nest. Then. Then I decided to pull the big 30 gallon tank out of the barn and put him in that! He had to readjust all over again! Poor guy! He loves it now though and is quite confident.

Attempting to attach a picture of his tank. Can you find him? The plants are still young. He has a rosette sword, an amazon sword, water wisteria, dwarf hairgrass, scarlet temple, anubias and a marimo "cave".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1440172376607972886716.jpg (68.0 KB, 456 views)