Betta Fish Forum banner

New baby!

1K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  artes 
#1 ·
I picked up a new betta the other day. He is the smallest betta I've ever seen his body is only an inch and a half long. I've named him Mouse. He's a crowntail, but the edge of his tail before the threads is completely straight. The photos don't show his colors well - his body is such a dark red its almost black, he has a blue tinge near his fins, and his fins are bright red. He is living in a 1.5 gallon with a dwarf frog. This little betta gets fascinated by the most random things - particles of sand on his driftwood, my necklace, the wind up figures by his tank, and his plant. He gets really still and just stares at whatever he's looking at. He's awesome. *_*

Him staring at my necklace:

A closer picture of him:

Mouse approves of club soda:

See less See more
#6 ·
Yay, they worked! That's a lovely tank, how large is it? My guesstimation is 2.5 gallons. :) If that is the tank size, wooooow! He is smalllllll. But pretty cute!

#7 ·
You are correct, its a 2.5. :) He is ridiculously tiny. I keep wondering if he's a baby and he'll grow more, but he looks very adult, so I think he's just freaking little. I am already madly in love with him - you can practically see hearts shoot out of my eyes when I watch him swim around. He's started following the frog really slowly while staring at him. Last night, he decided to flare at the frog, and the frog got tired of it, so he kicked Mouse in the face. Mouse stopped for a minute, then went back to it, so the frog turned his back on him, lol.

#8 ·
Yaaay, I'mma physic! :) I got the tank size right. :D Oh my gosh, he is sooo little! I can't get over it. Hehe, mean froggy, don't kick baby fishy in the face! That's mean. :) Poor lil guy! :D Love him.

#9 ·
He also blows random single bubbles, and will stare at them. Then when he gets bored, he pops them with his nose, and goes to find something else to stare at. I've never seen a betta this... well, stare-y. The only thing he has shown no amusement towards is the filter. When he finds something "new" to stare at, he points his top fin straight up and swims over to it. I wonder if he was a pointer dog in a previous life...

#11 ·
Hehehe, that's sooo funny and cute! :) I love it when bettas get something new in their tank, or a whole new tank altogether, but they're like "Hmmmm... I, I don't know, but... this looks, newish. I don't, did I see this before? Hmmm...: Hehe. He sounds so cute! More pics pleeeease? :)

#12 ·
I can do that!
Him staring at the penguin:

Him staring at my bottle of pepsi (the pepsi is off camera)

Him staring at sand on his driftwood:

If those photos didn't stick, let me know and I'll redo them. This site hates me.

#13 ·
Haha, the pictures are there, don't worry! WOW, he does love taking time to process, doesn't he? :) My bettas will stare at something for a while if it's new, but then they'll just ignore it. They loves staring at me when I walk by though! Haha. Bettas are so cute and pretty. Yours is just soo tiny!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.