Betta Fish Forum banner

Betta sale

4K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  Arashi Takamine 
#1 ·
just incase anyone hasnt seen yet bettas are one sale at petsmart thru the 22nd of this month Females are 99 cents VT males are 1.99 and CT males are 3.99 Happy hunting!!

#3 ·
Unfortunatly I'm having tail biting issues and alkelinity issues with both of mine. I don't have a free tank either. T-T; Too bad. I would LOVE to get a ten gallon then get a sorority.

#4 ·
Well due to this sale and my upgrade of the sorority to a 72 gallon, I only bought 37 females. o.o. Lol!

#8 ·
Lol! You are definitely not alone! I had to get the petsmart worker to get a box for me and I bought females from 3 different petsmarts. Hahaha! :lol: Floating them was a total nightmare too.

#7 ·
Hmm.. Maybe I'll get 2 girls and make my 7gal split for them. Tank isn't ready though.. but if the sale goes through till the 22nd I got plenty of time to get a heater in there. ;) Darn sales! Now I wanna walk out there just to peek at them.

#9 ·
And Petco has 2.5 gallon lighted hood & filtered tanks for $18!!! GO PEOPLE GO. The filter barely disturbs the surface of the water and has lower intake suction, too. My girl has no trouble getting around it.

I guess there's everyone's excuse to get a new one!

#14 ·
I gave in and got a girl today! Was a nice hefty walk, but when I saw her.. I just knew I had to get her. It's her heart-shaped lipstick that caught my eye. ;) She gets the 7gal all to herself too!

Pictures are kinda crummy since she's still in the blue water. :< Her fins are actually a red.

#16 ·
Lol already hit me here. I'm already planning a sorority since I'm giving away my guppy males and freeing up the 5 gal where Oscar will be going freeing up the 10 gal :). Have 2 females already (one from walmart and one from petsmart). Heard its better to get the females from different places. Just working On getting the decorations right now as my tank treats for ich(nasty spot of doom!). It will be done soon though :).

#17 ·
Don't forget about the live plants sale too :)!

#21 ·
Noes don't steals me Bettas! But I kid you not :) the petsmarts I've seen around here have live plant sales. I don't know fully how much off or how long. I'm stopping by there tomorrow to pick up some more betta females maybe and some more ancharis for the 10gal. So I shall let ya know tomorrow :)

#19 ·
Oh my goodness I'm getting one!! Well 2!! :)

#20 ·
Yep, Marimo moss balls were down to $5.99 at my PetSmart! They used to be $7.99. I also got a bunch of Moneywort for $1.86! AND I had a $3 off coupon. I only spent $5.03! There was a female there that I wanted, but I have no free tanks. =(

#23 ·
I got Baby Kai from there and I'm not sure if he was on the sale price but every other betta was under two bucks. One idiot though was telling her daughter to pick a white female and grabbed the cup so roughly I wanted to give her such a shriek.

Other then that walked out with 14.50$ gone. The dragon was eleven and little Kai was five.

#25 ·
Today I went to PS because one of my neon tetras died and I was planning on getting some females for .99c. So I had to wait FOREVER after I took FOREVER to pick out my fishies (I got 2 really cool females..although I was NOT pleased with the size of their bettas. Some of them are barely out of fry stage!) And the girl who rang me up wasn't very bright because I walked out of there with 3 fish (a neon and my two fems) and they paid me .1c! I didn't feel too bad about it, either. :)

#26 ·
Today I went to PS because one of my neon tetras died and I was planning on getting some females for .99c. So I had to wait FOREVER after I took FOREVER to pick out my fishies (I got 2 really cool females..although I was NOT pleased with the size of their bettas. Some of them are barely out of fry stage!) And the girl who rang me up wasn't very bright because I walked out of there with 3 fish (a neon and my two fems) and they paid me .1c! I didn't feel too bad about it, either. :)
Your PS sounds like my Petco. The females are little babies still...

Then again Kai's still really small too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.