Betta Fish Forum banner

RIP Biscotti...

700 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Lordsameth 
#1 ·

Biscotti was my very first Betta. I got him as a filler for a 5 gallon tank I happened to have lying around. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't have learned so much about Betta, or fish in general. Thanks to him I have Machiatto, Mandy, Espresso, and Mocha. His energy really got me hooked on fish *pardon the pun*. He had personality! Despite this his swim bladder problems became too much for him. Every water change he'd swell up and float like a cork... he fought it so valiantly, but in the end his system wasn't strong enough. He went peacefully, and comfortably. I found him resting on his favorite plant, the one he always rested on and swam through. His last meal was blood worms, his favorite.

My greatest regret is that the last thing I did with him was eat a fried fish in front of his tank. Oh well, I bet he'll be up in fishy heaven laughing about this with my dear Chai...

Happy Journey Biscotti!

See less See more
#3 ·
Amen! That fish was loved very much by you, and I'm sure he knows it. He was beautiful and very blessed to have such a beautiful tank and caring owner.

#4 ·
Thanks so much. I really miss him, he had this attitude about him that made me smile. I swear he could speak to me. I could feel guilty about forgetting to feed them, and then he'd swim to the top, fins a-going, he would forgive me as long as I promised him an extra bloodworm at snack time~ The only other Betta I feel I can connect with is Machiatto.... But I'm sure I'll connect the my newer ones soon. They're amazing creatures, and Biscotti sure let me know it. I was blessed to have one with a strong personality as my first, or I may not have become so serious about fish.

#5 ·
That's very sweet! I never knew fishies could have personalities til I found Bertie, my CT. And Luna just has more personality than should be possible. It's really amazing. It hurts to think about losing any of them. Animals love so unconditionally it's amazing. :)

#6 ·
When I found Biscotti.... I had to call work and tell them my cat died. A 20 year old reduced to tears. I never realized how big a part they play in my life... but I put so much time into cleaning an care....lol they take a lot.

#7 ·
Awwww! I know what you mean. They really grow on you. I'm 15 but when I think about losing any of my babies... :( I had a betta when I was nine, the most beautiful veiltail. He was all silver and blue with some pinks thrown in. His name was Silky, I had him for 2 years. He loved it when I played music or danced around my room, he'd always stare at me. He liked to play follow the finger and he jumped for food. When he died I was miserable for days, saying I'd lost a friend. My mom thought it was pretty crazy to cry so much over a fish, but you know bettas. They're not like other fish!

#8 ·
I'm glad there are people out there who understand! My room-mate is a cat owner and he totally gets me too after seeing that I spend more time caring for my fish than he does his cat!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.