Betta Fish Forum banner

Betta Blog...assistance please? :D

4K views 56 replies 9 participants last post by  NCPanthersgurl 
#1 ·
I've had an idea. I want to blog, and to put as much information as possible in it as to the care, maintenance, treatment, breeding, etc. on betta's.

What I need, is a small bit of help. I have 5 betta's. I have pics of them....but nothing else! If anyone is okay with "donating" pics that I can use of their betta, spawns, tanks, etc. I'd really appreciate it. I want to make this the best I can, and while information is fairly easy to gather pictures are a bit more difficult; I don't like using without consent either. >.< If I can use some or all of your pics, just let me know? :D

Thanks guys!

#2 ·
If nobody lends you their pictures, maybe you could use Google Images? It's just a suggestion. Good idea! A blog! Good luck!

BTW, if you need any help making a blog, you can can some ideas at nippyfish.net :)

#3 ·
Cool, thanks :D

#5 ·
Yeah that'd be awesome! Thanks!

#8 ·
You can see it on the bottom for sure. Thanks, I really appreciate your help.

#9 ·
Gienah; that's why I'm trying to get aid first. Like I said before, I don't like using images without consent.

#12 ·
Awesome, thanks! Those are great shots, and I did want to include a section about dividers. This is super appreciated. :)

#13 ·
Why you shouldnt put male betta's together:

Signs of high ammonia (fin curling):

Tank set up:

and BAD case of fin rot... Ill try to get a better pic if you want:

#14 ·
Definitely make sure you have a person's permission before posting their pictures or words. I once saw a post I'd written posted on someone's website and I was NOT happy about it. Especially since I was not asked for permission to quote my words... straight up plagiarism.

#15 ·
Yup. I'm on an art website, so I'm very careful to ask permission. I would hate if something of mine were stolen, so I try to be just as fair. I appreciate all the help I've received so far, keep 'em coming!

Littlebettas; if you can get a better shot of the fin rot, cool, if not I'll use that one. Either way I really appreciate all the shots you just posted :)

#16 ·
Ok, heres the best I can get, he has NO fins but he has figured out how to much by wiggling, and he LOVES to wiggle, lol, he doesnt have a name yet so if you have an idea let me know :)

(taken with my cell, I get better pics wth natual light so I may try again in the morning)

#17 ·
Worm? Cause he wiggles? lol :D

Thanks, these are great!

#18 ·
Yeah, I think Jazz learned the hard way not to get through his divider...thank god he's so submissive and the only damage he has is a badly ripped anal fin...but it is a VERY good point not to try and keep males together. The male that did that to him went back to petsmart and now I have three girls XP

One thing I would like to see there is male/female compatability, because I see a lot of mixed reviews on it. SOme people say if you have X number of females in X sized tank with one male it could work, others say don't even try it...anyone else have experience with this?

#19 ·
lol, my bf has been calling him Tadpole... Im on the fence between Worm and Tadpole... unless someone comes up with a name that pops

There is someone on the forum who hs a few tanks with females and a male... I cant remmber who though, the proble with that is accidental breeding

#20 ·
My Jazz was in with my {RIP} female Alma and they were fine together. No thought of spawning, nothing. No picking, shared food, fine. But that's the only time I've seen that.

Also; while I'm thinking of it, what all would you guys like to see in the blog?

I'll have sections for general care, feeding, breeding, diseases....what else?

#23 ·
Oooh yes! Do's and don't to tank size, setup, decor, etc. :D

#24 ·
Would love to see the blog!!!

and heres a better picture of Chile, the male VT with the curled fins, he clamps up as soon as he sees a person:

#25 ·
Aww sad. But he's got potential, and that's what matters!

#26 ·
He does (assuming you mean Chile, lol), he wont eat with people around, i have to drop a pellet in, run off all the lights and run, I had his tank set up in the living room and he was doing really well (he actually like my dog who presses her nose up against the tanks to watch)
I had to move him though because one of my other dogs open his tank and stole one of the plants, shes a semi-feral mutt and makes NO sense

#27 ·
That's so odd 0.0

And yeah, I meant Chile. lol. My new guy was the same way this afternoon. I had to drop his food in and go. But it's cause he's still timid. New surroundings and all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.