Betta Fish Forum banner

How did it come to this?

691 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Littlebittyfish 
#1 ·
So about a month ago, I got my first Betta, Sheldon. He's a lovely blue and red delta.

That was meant to be it.

Then, about a fortnight later, I was at one of the local stores, and got a similarly coloured Crowntail, who was christened Leonard, and a poor salmon and silver coloured guy who I named Howard.

Again that was meant to be it.

On Monday this week, I was at the LFS, specifically to get some water conditioner and some plastic plants, and I went wandering to have a look about. Three of the bettas swam up to the glass of their bowls and stared at me as I stopped. I stood firm. I got my stuff and left. Then My Fiancee asked why I hadn't bought them :shock:

So I went back the next day and bought two of them - Two blue VT males. They wouldn't let me buy the third, because he had white spots all over him, so I had to leave him. Unfortunately, the shop had just had it's delivery. I also left with another blue and red Delta. The fourth one, well, he's a bit of a question mark - He's primarily black and blue, with some lovely golden streaks through his fins. Can't work out his tail tho - it actually appears to be heart shaped!?!?!

I now have 7 tanks around the house, and I think I need help :p

See less See more
#2 ·
Hehe, I can relate. I first just had a rescued guy (neigbor left him when she moved), then when he passed I was going to "look" and brought home my current boy. Then I got interested in havign a sorority, so in the time frame of about 6 weeks I went from 1 to 10. I am determined to not go past this unless i find a dragon scale girl locally and soon. Everyone here has a problem. You are not alone. Heheh.

#3 ·
You should probably slow down if this all took place in a month.

Make sure you have heaters, conditioners, and all the other Betta essentials before actually getting the Betta. Otherwise you could be doing more harm than good (even though petstore conditions are probably the worst).

#4 ·
Yea i think we all need help.. First i had 1 which was enough for me then an old roommate who i had no idea was as obsessed with Bettas as i am had 8. Then he moved out and left them all with me! So then I ended up with 9 all together. They all died and I started out with 1 Had him or a year he died. So i got another 1. So in the Span of 3 months i now have 3 and am thinking of getting another one! Someone needs to start that Emergency hotline Quick! haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.