Betta Fish Forum banner

Help choosing which betta..

3K views 22 replies 6 participants last post by  LittleBettas 
#1 ·
So, the betta I was planning to go back and get was no longer at walmart...

But, there was a tiny little blue guy in filthy water covered in algea

There were three guys with SBD, all red, thogh one had splashes of the common green....

and one guy who is healthy but I think he will end up having pretty color... he is mainly blue, but his ins are a drab yellow...not sure what colorit will end up being, with blue splashes

and 3 orange bettas, two with white/cellophane streaks.... one who has built a bubble nest ;)

last guy Im interested in, is an off orange with darker orange spots... not sure if he is suppoced to be a dalmation or not....

Wish I had gotten pictures but I left my phone at my apartment, I have to go back to walmart tomorrow and Im SERIOUSLY considering getting one of these guys...

Which do you think?

(All are VTs)

See less See more
#3 ·
My walmart ALWAYS has great looking (color wise) fish, but they are always sick and in dirty cups, so far I hve stuck with the sick ones who were knocking on deaths door.... butI would love to get a healthy fish.... but I hate to leave a sick one behind ;(
I hate people sometimes....

#4 ·
They all sound equally as neglected :(. I'm not sure which one. All if you can :p

#5 ·
I cant :/ I SO would, but only room for one, maybe two more.... plus I have to get jungle parasite meds....

I did though find the pics of two of the bettas who were there last time

Heres the guy with the "yellow" and the blue splotches, not sure what you would call him or what color he truly is...

And another guy, green body and Im guessing red or orange fins... similar to my boy Pickle

Wih I had gotten one of the little blue guys come... DISGUSTING... cant find any of the pics of the orange guys either (these were taken Saturday when I got Hurricane and Shoebox)

#6 ·
Just got back from walmart, picked up meds but no bettas... I did get pictures though... of ALL of the bettas Im interested in... all are STILL there.... so,VOTE... whch one??

Number one: red VT wit faint green streaks... SBD

Number two: blue VT, has ben there fo a while, FILTHY cup :( slight SBD?

Number three: blueish VT... filthy cup :( no SBD, possible finrot

Number three: orange guy # 1 slight SBD

Number four: orange guy # 2 faint purple streaks

Number five: orangeguy # 4 HEALTHY with a bubble nest :D

Number six: wierd colored guy?

Number seven: Odd.. yellowish, red/orange spots? slight bloat and SBD

Number eight: yellow? with blue streaks? SBD now :(

#7 ·
Oh man, they all look so sad, I wouldn't be able to choose =(. I really like the yellow ones with the blue streaks, and that first red one is reallllyyyyyy cute. Number 6 looks like he might have some dragon scales, but the pic isn't clear enough to tell. Number 7 is an orange dalmation, if you get him you can expect him to darken up to be more orange and probably have many more spots =). But I really like the first red one, his face is just adorable <3

#8 ·
The second orange guy or the orange dalmatian. Dalmatians are gorgeous, imo, and orange is a pretty rare color for a betta, as far as I know. So both of those guys would be good choices, I think.
I've tried to rescue really sick bettas before, but almost all of the time they were dead the next day or a few days later. :/ Jalen is the only exception, and he only had dirty water and slight gill inflammation.

#9 ·
8 of my 13 bettas had a health issue, Im getting kind of exprianced with SBD and finrot :/

oh, and love your sig. freeflow :D

Def. going to go get the dalmation boy... cant decided on which other one...

Indyfishy: heres a lightly better pic of the red guys face (hopefully, camera SUCKS)

and number 6 isnt a dragon, he just has WIERD colors, lol

My Walmart ALWAYS had orange bettas (there were two more I did not include)

still debating on who else :/

#10 ·
Thanks! Haha. I have a soft spot for pet store bettas, but I try not to snap up every sick one I see. They're around $8 or $9, and if they're sick at my store, they're really sick. :(
Glad you're getting that Dalmatian! I'm totally jealous. :p

#12 ·
So do I (obviously :oops: lol)
VTs are only $5 (with tax) here, so its not huge hole in my wallet till I need to get tanks (3 gal kritter cages for $7 though :-D)
I have an extra soft spot for the ones on deaths door... most I have gotten to pull through (luckily I have yet to see one with popeye)

lol,cant wait to go get him... still havent decided whether to get the yellow guy with blue streaks or one of the guys in the dirt cups :(

#11 ·
dont like walmart

i went to walmart to get new plants for my little guy..i walked pass the bettas and omg....i seen more dead then alive!!:shake: ..it was soooo sad...i got my guy from petco, they had few choices but all of them looked healthy and clean. i would be scared to bring a betta from walmart...but they all need help so bigups to you!!:thumbsup:

#14 ·
i went to walmart to get new plants for my little guy..i walked pass the bettas and omg....i seen more dead then alive!!:shake: ..it was soooo sad...i got my guy from petco, they had few choices but all of them looked healthy and clean. i would be scared to bring a betta from walmart...but they all need help so bigups to you!!:thumbsup:
Lol, thank you, my walmart is worse than most, before this "new" shipment, theshelves were full of dead foater and solid yellow/green water, and one cup with just a skeleton :/

#15 ·
lol, the guy in the dirtiest come seems to be okay considering some of the other guys, hes a solid blue VT, the guy in the next dirtiest cup is skinny and slight SBD, the rest either have severe SBD and/or finrot :/

#16 ·
Hmm. Then I would go there, get the sickest and line them up, then close your eyes and point. Or just go with your gut. Personally, I would pray and ask which one needed my help the most, but since I'm a Christian and bring that into every aspect of my life, most people aren't going to do that lol.
That was how I chose my Jalen though. I prayed that I would find the fish that was most in need of care, and it suddenly occurred to me to check behind the tanks they had on display right next to the bettas. I did, and there was Jalen, gray as a ghost and literally breathing his own poo. I snatched him up in a heartbeat.
/end story
If they're all equally sick, maybe you could just chose the one you think would color up the best once they got better.

#17 ·
Yeah...
:/

I think Im going to sleep on it, and who knows mayb when I go up there will be that betta that just *pops*

Or maybe while I sleep, one guy will come to me in my dreams :)

#18 ·
i always go by personality/which one you just bond with right there. Sometimes they just give you the look and you know you have to take that one home lol!

#19 ·
Lol, I know that feeling IndyFish... thats how I ended up with Chile :p

#20 ·
I went with my brother to get a betta a few years ago, and he picked one up that he really liked. He started flaring and trying to bite my brother through the cup. My brother was like, "This one!" I just looked at him like O.O

#21 ·
I got the dalmation guy and the yellowish guy with the blue streaks :)

I was planning to ge the dal. and a litle blue guy, but last second I decided to check on the yelow guy... he has SERIOUS ammonia burns now :( and bad bloat
.... and then he decided to win my heart, he was just sitting in the cup facing to the right (staring at a wall) then he slowly turned his head and just looked at me.... I fell in love and brought him home <3
(both are floating in Alpine Ice's tank to regulat temp while I set up their tanks... I have buckets of treated water, just need to adda hidey hole)
Alpine is hanging out by them, the Dalmation is ignoring Alpine more or less (they are the same size) the yellow and blue guy is flaring like crazy (and I just noticed he has a cute spot on one side)

Pics soon!!!!

#23 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.