Betta Fish Forum banner

Betta Friends?

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  kumi 
#1 ·
I am new to the website and I love Betta and wanted to get one and I have a 10 gallon tank. But i wanted more than one fish so I went to my local pet store and they told me to get the fish i wanted and wait a week then get a Betta. So i got 2 Red Wing Platies and Two Snails. Its been almost a week and a half i have not go my betta yet. is it to late to get my betta? Or will the fish that i got not work out?

#4 ·
Wow, the pet store people are educated over there:D Most of them are ignorant -___- but they are right! It is best to introduce the tank mates first, so the betta is entering their territory. However-- make sure you betta will get along with the fish, some wont. Make sure you have a back up plan if all fails!
The platies are fine, and its never too late to get the betta, since platies are peaceful fish! Beware, they may nip though. Also, watch out for your snails-- there have been cases of eaten atennaes because the betta!

#6 ·
Unless you pre-cycled your tank, it would be better to wait longer--let it go though the cycle of creating good bacteria for the current bio-load, then get the betta. Also better to keep the betta separate for two or three weeks to make sure he's healthy if you can deal with that.

Kumi

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.