Betta Fish Forum banner

Looking for Small tank(s) and plants

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  dramaqueen 
#1 ·
so... the gallon tank i was gonna put one of the girls i bought from Chard... the algae-coverd one. i was cleaning it last night with a paper towel(more like three... :T it was COVERED), when i heard a crack! O_O i didn't see any cracks, so i kept cleaning, when i found them. one one of the corners, there's a 'stress crack' that runs the entire length of it! it's like... when plastic cracks, but not all the way through. i filled it with water, and left it in the sink overnight, and it's still full, thankfully...

but, i'd still like to get her a new tank. something smaller, but nothing smaller than a gallon. i'd REALLY like a 2 gallon for her, since i'm probably gonna put my longer-finned girl in this one(she's BEAUTIFUL with the longest tail i've seen on a girl, so lots of room). i have about $16 left on my paypal, so i can pay some shipping.

i'm also looking for plants. silk, or easy for newbs live. plants that can grow without alot of care, and can be planted in rocks(if at all possible). java moss is a fave of mine(which is why 3 of my tanks have clumps of it). i'd like to try Marimo again, this time from someone who's tank is healthy(i think the last batch i got, which was from Asia, had something that caused Caroline to get sick).

#5 ·
Those glass cookie jars that wal-mart sells make great tanks. They come in 1 & 2 gallon sizes and they're cheap. I have a couple one gallons for my guys.

#7 ·
aahh, see. all my money's on my paypal, and i can't get it off because i don't have a bank account. buying from walmart's a pain in my butt, and would probably cost more than i got. :T

yeah, shipping to and from Canada's a pain. i've done it before, when i sold and traded yugioh cards, and it'd take WEEKS for them to get it! one time, the girl didn't even get it at all! thanks for the thoughts, Pitluvs. maybe, if i have money after the new year, and you still have them, i'll take a few off yer hands. :3 i'd love to upgrade Heavy from her 1.5, but the tank for the new girl's my main priority right now. :U

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.