Betta Fish Forum banner

My other best friend...my Dog

3K views 35 replies 11 participants last post by  RedFynn21 
#1 · (Edited)
New member, and I already posted a few pics of my betta, so I thought I'd add a few of my furry best-friend...my Australian Shepherd/Blue Heeler mix Dakhota:

See less See more
#28 ·
Same here-- go on a walk with him, I know I'm safe. I live out in the middle of nowhere, so it gets creepy when the folks go somewhere. :/ Hey, I think bettas might do the trick to scare em off. JK. Mines beyond territorial. Flares when I feed him...flares when I walk by...flares when I take pics. Who woulda figured? Last one I had at 12 was more passive.

#29 ·
My angry boy is Red. Captain blew his first bubblenest and since then he's had a tude too, he's protecting like crazy. My new boy charlie is timid right now though I am sure he will snap out of it. He's in his new home so he still jumpy, not used to the light clicking on and off.

#30 ·
Haha. It makes for a more interesting betta when they've got a tude. The dog gets an attitude when he's not fed right on schedule. He'll sit by his bowl and glare at me like, "Hello, lady, I am over here."

#31 ·
My terrier dances when he sees the food bad even though he has eaten already. I could just be putting it away. He is a terror not a terrier though. When I go Emma he sensed something about the people that were neglecting her. They brought her to my house and he hoped on the guy and scratched him. Made me look like a bad doggy mommy... er... maybe a good one.

#32 ·
:-D I honestly think that dogs are one of the best judges of characters. If my dog is leery of someone--not just the cautious Aussie nature--but full on aviodance, or growling, I think there is a legit reason.

#33 ·
thought I'd post my best buddy here. We got him from a rescue at 4 months, he was born in a shelter in Los Angeles and had come down here when they ran out of room. He had never experienced anything a normal dog would at four months. He completely shut down at the sight of an open road cause he had never seen so much space before. We had to teach him how to go up and down stairs. He gets nervous when people put their hands over his head because he thinks they are going to hit him. He's also scared of UPS/FedEx trucks (memory of aspca trucks maybe). However, we've trained him extensively and he LOVES other dogs! He can be wary of some people but is automatically best friends with any dog he meets. Lots of people are scared of him or say mean things because of his breed but he proves them all wrong!

Attachments

#34 ·
Aww! He's beautiful! I'm glad that you rescued him, and that he's in a loving, happy home!

#35 ·
Here are my boys

Carsten a very well bred Rottweiler (I show in breed)

Oliver my rescued boy, he was so abused before I got him

and my kitty, Eleanor

Any my nephews birthday present, an Aussie mix pup he named "Fuzz"

I am sure you can see he was very very happy with her.

One more to show her white patch

#36 ·
Your rotties are beautiful!! They are such great dogs! And your aussie mix is too adorable!

*PS, love your kitties. Too cute! I'm a sucker for tabbys.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.