Betta Fish Forum banner

Aquabid Dream Betta

2K views 24 replies 9 participants last post by  LittleBettas 
#1 ·
I know there is already a thread for this... but I wanted to start one....
Because I have fallen in love...
I JUST created an aquabid account (already proving to be a HUGE mistake) and while browsing (Im looking for a marble HM to breed to help "drown" the PK from a female I want to breed)

and I fell in love with TWO guys (from Thailand)... account hasn't gone through yet and by the time it goes through the time will be up... so I figured I would post them here so everyone could drool...

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?fwbettashm&1326976342

and I LOVE the markings on him (my #1 if I could)

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?fwbettashm&1326981005

There are a few others, but their time is up even sooner (they are in state though)... I wish my account was already set up :-(

See less See more
#2 ·
They are beautiful. I'm hoping that you get them in time!

The only thing that has stopped me from turning the TWO extra rooms in my house into fish rooms is the fact that I don't have AB account yet. I'm saving that as a hu-rah for when I'm gainfully employed. Ya. That's the only thing saving me right now. Well that and a lack of funds.

#4 ·
Lol, they are both from Thailand... my biggest fear is transhippers.... Im scared to death thinking of getting one... waiting for him to get to America... then waiting and waiting and waiting.... Im probably going to stick with American bred bettas for a while... much less scary right now

#5 ·
Yeah! I always see gorgeous bettas on aquabid, but then they are in Thailand, and not only is transshipping expensive, but it's crazy and in my opinion confusing. First I want to get some american bred PKs off there, and then I'll treat myself to a ridiculously expensive Thailand betta, just as a little treat for me.

#6 ·
Lol, ditto to ALL of that BettaMommy

#7 ·
I like getting my fish from pet stores because the drive in my car has to be less stressful than air mail. But I'm starting to think I'll never find a purple betta in a pet store. I think that is the only reason I would get an aquabid account. The really rare bettas would have to be found on line.

#9 ·
I like getting my fish from pet stores because the drive in my car has to be less stressful than air mail. But I'm starting to think I'll never find a purple betta in a pet store. I think that is the only reason I would get an aquabid account. The really rare bettas would have to be found on line.
I've actually seen a few purple bettas... a CT and a VT... both at my walmart (I LOVED the CT)... but since Im looking to start breeding I'm looking for bettas with backgrounds I know...

#8 ·
Haha I made an AB account the other day as Sutee posted up three HMPK females I must make mine.

I buy stuff from our transhipper all the time (she runs a brick-and-mortar store as well) so that makes that part a lot less scary.

If the fish you like have no bids, maybe message the seller and see if he/she is willing to sell them to you. That way you can still get them once your account finalises.

#10 ·
Haha I made an AB account the other day as Sutee posted up three HMPK females I must make mine.

I buy stuff from our transhipper all the time (she runs a brick-and-mortar store as well) so that makes that part a lot less scary.

If the fish you like have no bids, maybe message the seller and see if he/she is willing to sell them to you. That way you can still get them once your account finalises.
Im scared of using transhippers... and the idea of having "MY" betta doing all of that traveling... I wish some of these AWESOME guys were closer :-(
I am keeping an eye on these guys just in case the temptation becomes to much....

#11 ·
#13 ·
Interbettas has really nice fish and they don't tend to have that dippy topline I find really unattractive.

Bettas seem to take shipping okay. The only issue I have ever had was tailbiting in a HM male. I had a pair of wild bettas shipped from interstate and they spawned the day after I got them.

I hope my transhipper knows she is going to be plagued with questions about the whole process haha.

#14 ·
Seriously, I have been oogling over Interbettas fish... OMG, I WANT, lol

I've noticed, I've had a few shipped (not as bad as I thought it would be actually), and I have had NO issues... all of my bettas have been fine arriving and have gotten comftorable within a few hours

Lol, I wish both her and you luck...

#15 ·
That last ne you posted is just..stunning. green and purply-coppery and a bit a white and and and...just so petty

#16 ·
I know <3

#18 ·
Lol seriously!!!!
My account is now activated... I went ahead and bid on 2 marble HMs.... still tempted for these guys... WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE IN THAILAND!!!! :-(

and WOW.... your pair is GORGEOUS!!!! I have yet to see a betta I DONT like from Interbettas... so Im now staying away from his/her posts till I work up the courage....

#20 ·
Ditto on that... one of mine will be done in about an hour... hes a cutey... not the best fins ever, but I see potential and I really like him... and his dad..... :-O GORGEOUS.... and his mom reminds me of my first female... just with better fins... and coloring... lol :) I'll have pictures posted once the aution is over
I auctioned on two more but hes a def.... the other two still have a few days :-/

Let me know how yours go!!!!

#21 ·
I've wondered, how much does it cost for you guys to get the fish through quarantine and everything with your transhipper?

Here's it's around $22-27.00 per fish, and I know that quarantine control is pretty strict.

Just wondering what the costs end up like over there.

Be sure to post pictures :mrgreen: Mine are right at the top now so fingers crossed no one snipes them. I always put in as much as I am willing to spend at the start, and don't bother with all this sniping and stalking stuff.

#22 ·
I've wondered, how much does it cost for you guys to get the fish through quarantine and everything with your transhipper?

Here's it's around $22-27.00 per fish, and I know that quarantine control is pretty strict.

Just wondering what the costs end up like over there.

Be sure to post pictures :mrgreen: Mine are right at the top now so fingers crossed no one snipes them. I always put in as much as I am willing to spend at the start, and don't bother with all this sniping and stalking stuff.

I have yet to use a transhipper... but I think thats about how much it is on average... though I think it can cost more :-/ I don't know how stirct it is on fish (since I have never tried it) but I know with dogs (I help arrange transport for shelter animals in my area) it is REALLY timely and expensive depending who you use

I will... don't worry!!! :-D
lol, I can't help it.... I keep going to check on them and to stare at the pictures.... lol....

#23 ·
I won my first bid :)

Here is the cute boy (I have named Smudge)

#25 ·
Thank you :)
His parents are drop dead gorgeous and his dad has PERFECT fins, his fins are kinda eh, but I LOVE his coloring

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.