Betta Fish Forum banner

How many pellets do you feed and how often?

5K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  dramaqueen 
#1 ·
Hi all. This I am sure is quite a common question. I feed two pellets twice a day but wanted to ask what everybody else is doing. The range I read about is quite large- anywhere from 2-4 pellets once-twice a day. Do you fast one day a week? Sorry for the multiple questions...

#3 ·
I feed mine 2-3 pellets in the morning, 2-3 pellets in the evening, and I fast on Friday's :)

#5 ·
I feed 3-5 a night then fast on Thurs when I do water changes.

#7 ·
I feed 2 in the morning, and 2 at night. and they get 1/2 of a blood worm or shrimp every 2-3 days. :]

#10 ·
Does tossing them into the water count as rehydrating the freeze dried worms?

I'm also curious about betta diet options. I'm considering changing to freeze dried. Currently i have brine shrimp now on weds and flakes every other day minus sat/sun. Are peas and cucumbers no good?

#11 ·
With my freeze dried brine shrimp I have a tiny cup of water that I let them sit in then I put them in the tank.
From what I've heard, it's not healthy to feed them freeze dried everyday...just as a snack.

#12 ·
3 pellets once a day.

#14 ·
I feed my male betta twice a day, 3 pellets each time. I see some people say they fast their bettas - is it necessary to fast for one day? I have never heard of it before, but am new to betta's (have only had mine three weeks so far).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.