Betta Fish Forum banner

Hi, all, from Wisconsin

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  indjo 
#1 ·
Hi, everyone. I'm a new Betta owner with a bright red, male Veiltail named Fawks.

He's chilling on the corner of my desk in my dorm, making bubble nests on a regular basis and getting angry at anything that approaches his tank.

Out of dozens of pictures I attempted, these were the only ones that were clear at all, as he swims furiously about whenever the camera gets near him.

I got him from Petco at the end of January, and other than a little gill issue scare that he seems to be gaining and recovering from randomly, he seems pretty healthy. Despite the odd living conditions in my dorm, his colors brightened up significantly since bringing him home, and I'm happy to have him now.

See less See more
#9 ·
He was almost entirely red when I got him with only a little white at the ends of his fins (natural coloring, not fin rot or anything) and after he settled in he got more white and actually some blue in his scales. Amazing what taking care of a fish can do for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.