Betta Fish Forum banner

I think my betta's dying... :(

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  dramaqueen 
#1 ·
hi! I've had my betta for about 3 1/2 years. He's always done great and he still has his color. But in the past week, he's started lying in the bottom of the bowl, and lying on a plant on the top. He doesn't eat. There's nothing on him, no discoloration. Just not eating and no energy. He only comes up to get air - very slowly and then kind of floats back down. Please help. I've heard they don't live but 3-5 years, so if he is dying, I want to try to make him more comfortable.

#4 ·
:( I hope that maybe hes just really tired! I really hope he doesnt die either.
Good Luck and keep offering him food. Maybe if you give him more attention MIGHT help. Because earlier this year, Squirt was being very weird by just staying at the bottom of his tank, but he would get reallyy excited when i come and play the finger game with him.
Im not sure if that will work but its worth a try! :)

#10 ·
Hey guys, just letting you know that Fred is eating now! I bought different food, and got a heater, some stress coat stuff. It took a few weeks and he still seems weak, but he is eating. He still sits on the plant at the top of the bowl, but he's a little more active. I think he's comfortable now. :)

#12 ·
Hi,

My husband gifted me a Betta yesterday. I've named him Alexander. The thing is that until last night he was just fine and playful. However, today since morning he's been rather low on activity and is refusing to eat. I've never had fish as a pet before so I find myself rather lost. Is something wrong with him?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.