Betta Fish Forum banner

Ares and the Tetras

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Paigeyy 
#1 ·
I managed to keep 8 tetras with Ares. Anyone else have the same success?

See less See more
#2 ·
The title of this thread practically stopped my heart for a second. I was like "NO WAY!"

My Ares killed four tetras... He was a murderous sociopath, but somehow still my favorite fish ever. <333 He had a lot of the same coloring as your fish, except he was a VT. Woohoo for both having awesome fish!!!

#4 ·
They're all on my old cell phone. ): I can't post any pics of anything now, because the phone got hair stuff spilled in it and died forever... I still have the sim card, but the pictures are all gone. D: Grrr

#6 ·
I have 8 tetras with Fernando for almost a month. They seem to tolerate him and vice versa. He even leaves the ghost shrimp alone. He just does what he does and everybody stays out of his way. Probably because he's so big. He's not very fast, so everybody can get away from him if they need to. :D Works out great

#8 ·
My family had a betta named Zeus with 2 guppies, about 3 tetras, 2 or 3 dwarf frogs, a pair of gouramis, and I believe an angelfish and 2 mollies. He did fine for quite a while (it was a 45 gallon tank) but randomly started bullying a frog (my mom's favorite) and was put in a separate bowl. I must say though, that little guy had personality...you could feel his pride emanating....very fittingly named.

#11 ·
I have 10 tetras with my Male Betta, Tex, and i think he likes them =] he chases them sometimes, but never aggressively. He's kind of curious about them, but thats all :) I have way more problems with the tetras fighting amungst themselves even though there's 10 of them. However, i have a feeling that if i added any fishes to my female's tank, she'd eat them alive... literally =[

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.